Yesterday in church we had the most amazing talks on GRATITUDE! I am going to try an get a copy of the one the especially touched me. It made me think about things that I hadn't before. Made me realize that I have a CHOICE to make. And made me want to make some CHANGES! Usually I don't get much out of church...Grace is a nightmare at church. It is during her nap time and she is a complete mess. I usually end up spending the first 2 hours in the mother's lounge trying to get her to fall asleep and then trying to keep her asleep once I do. So I don't usually retain much of the talks but yesterday I did! I felt like the talk was just for me. As I sat in the mother's lounge listening while holding a sleeping baby my heart was over come with gratitude for EVERYTHING! This list would be way to long to name everything I have to be thankful for...but my heart was just bursting. Tears were flowing and the spirit was so strong in that little cubical of a room. I was trying to be discreet because there was another mom in their with me and she probably thought I was nuts...oh well! To sum up part of the talk that hit me the most the sister reminded us that we have the choice to be happy and count our many blessings or to be unhappy and think about all we don't have, want or need. SO TRUE! I have found myself sitting in my living room counting up the things I would like or want, projects I would like to do around the house. I think these things will make me happier to have BIGGER & BETTER, but will they really? I think NOT! I have what is most important don't I? A husband who loves me unconditionally and puts up with A LOT! 3 healthy, happy, beautiful children who keep me so busy but bring me so much joy. I have a warm home to keep me safe from the cold weather and the negativity of the world. I have an understanding of the Gospel of Jesus Christ, I know he lives and loves me. What more could I possibly want? It was such a great talk I wish you all could have heard it. At the end she challenged everyone to go home and write down what they were thankful for. To make a change and think more positively, think about what you DO have...and not what you HOPE to have. It seems that with Thanksgiving time you are gently reminded of what you are thankful for. But one time a year is NOT enough. We need to be thankful EVERY DAY! Even in our darkest hour, our loneliest of days, or our most trying times there will always be something to be thankful for, and we must decide if we will focus on that, the positive, or on the negative. I am going to strive to focus on the POSITIVE...I hope you will too!
Oct 12, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



2 comments:
We had great gratitude talks yesterday too. It's so nice to actually get something from church despite the kidlets hey? Happy Thanksgiving!
SO TRUE...great entry. Now you have to tell me who gave that awesome talk :)
Post a Comment