Nov 19, 2009

Catching Up!

Holy cow I have let this blog GO...going...going...GONE! Where do the days go...SERIOUSLY. I can't even remember what I have been doing that I haven't managed to blog AT ALL in November...but for some reason I haven't. Maybe it is because I don't find my life all that interesting...just the everyday day to day things. But Halloween came and went and I didn't post about it so what better time than NOW!

I feet like a complete slacker of a Mom this Halloween. For the past 4 years I have held a HUGE Halloween party for my kids and their friends. I mean I went ALL out...dry ice and everything. But for some reason this year I just didn't have any gusto to do it. The $$ of doing it was getting out of hand...and we have been saving for some specific things. And just thinking about all the work made me NOT want to do it....so I didn't! And you know what...it was FINE with the kids! I decided instead to volunteer in each of their classes to help with the party and they loved that...and it was so much easier on me...and i LOVED that!

Carson was happy to be a Lion...but already wants to be Batman next year!



Here is the vampire cape I made for Tyson. He was thrilled with it.


I made this adorable spider out of bread (thanks Jen for the idea) and took out the bread in the middle and put veggie dip in a bowl. The kids loved it and it was so fun and easy to make!

I can't seem to find the pictures with Grace in them! SHOOT! She looked so adorable in her monkey suit. Halloween night my kids got SO much candy...we still are eating it. I think they have forgotten about it though cause I kinda sorta hid it in the cupboard. LOL! We don't need it anyway. I think it might make its way to the garbage on Monday.

Jumping ahead now a few weeks...the last few nights I have been able to go to parent teacher for both the boys. I am so proud of both of them. Tyson continues to excel and is reading at a grade 3.2 level. All those hours reading books with them has really payed off...that was what I was hoping for. He is a great speller as well. He gets along well with everyone in his class and his teacher said, "he is a delight to teach." Wonderful words for a mother to hear.

Carson is learning as well. As he will be repeating Kindergarten next year due to his maturity level and being the youngest in the class, my expectations for him weren't has high as they would have been if her were 5. The teacher and I are both on the same page as far as his development goes and that is good. He is learning to write his name and also his letters. His teacher says he comes up with some pretty funny things...and that doesn't surprise me in the least!

Life is GOOD...the boys are going GREAT in school and I am so THANKFUL for all that I have and am BLESSED with!

1 comments:

Tiffany said...

No posts info on our little Gracie girl..how sad. Just kidding, glad to hear things are going well with the boys at school.