I have been a follower of the NieNie Dialogues for a while now. I started reading after Stephanie and Christian were in the plane accident. I didn't read before so I didn't really know what her blog was all about...now I do. She is an amazing person, filled with so much hope & has endured SO much. I feel so selfish and horrible when I think of how measly my trials are compared to hers...to others. I feel like I should have nothing to complain about...nothing to worry about...nothing to stress out about...but I do. I guess we all go through our own "fires." Maybe not literally...but non the less we all have difficult situations that we have to go through. Still tonight I feel so blessed. As I type I can hear my children laughing and they are so excited as the take in the magic of the Polar Express. Christmas is upon us and I won't have to worry about where I will be, or if I will have food on the table. The Lord has taken car of our little family, blessed us with so many things and I am grateful.
But today I was a horrible person! I scolded my husband for taking 2 little cans of tuna to the church for the donation box. How selfish can I be! I mean seriously...2 cans of tuna. Did we really need it...NO! Would someone else benefit from it...YES! I feel awful...so terrible...selfish, and yet I am thankful for repentance. I am so thankful for the atonement, that I can repent and be forgiven, that I can wake up tomorrow with a better attitude and a different outlook. That I know I will be given a second chance, that I can find more ways to serve others and I will be given more opportunities to do so. I am thankful for a husband who forgives me and makes me see my weaknesses and helps me to be a better person. Thank goodness for more TOMORROWS!
(I don't know why I felt like confessing what a bad person I am on my blog for all too read...but I did and it makes me want to do better!)
Now back to this amazing story of Stephanie and Christian...if you haven't been following or know their story you can now read it here. It is a beautiful, heartbreaking story that will make you appreciate life, for second chances and hope for brighter tomorrows.



2 comments:
Wow! I just barely finished reading their story too and then felt the same way you did. I was thinking about how BLESSED I am and that I should NOT be feeling so down like I have been. Then I come to your post and read how you felt. We truly are all here to learn from each other, eh?
Thanks for your heart felt post. I can so relate. And yes.....we certainly can learn LOT'S from Stephanie. She is amazing.
{Hugs!} Here's to a better tomorrow!
Sometimes we all have little fits of the " two cans of tuna" but really every one has there own cans if you know what I mean. Here is to bettering ourseles everyday, moment by moment. Luvs. Tiff
Post a Comment