On Friday and Saturday we headed up to Calgary to spend a little time together as a family. I had a Distributor meeting for Salt City Candles on Saturday so we decided to make it a family affair. I had heard from some friends how great the Telus Science Center is and thought that might be something fun for us to do. It was a BIG HIT! Tyson especially loved it. Unfortunately Carson was feeling under the weather and didn't get out of it as much as I'm sure he would have it he was feeling better. But once he saw Bob the Builder exhibit he was excited and had fun playing for a bit. Here are a few pics I managed to take:
Here is Tyson sitting on a chair and pulling himself up using some sort of pulley system. There were different types of systems that were either hard or easy to pull. He enjoyed this exhibit.
Carson laying on a bed of nails. He wasn't scared at first but once he felt the nails poke him a bit then he didn't like it anymore. Tyson loved it though and thought it was SO cool!
Tyson on the revolving rock climbing wall. This was awesome! the higher you climbed up the wall your weight would make the wall rotate around. Tyson though doesn't weigh very much so it was hard for him to to get the wall to move. So we helped him out a bit.
Even Carson gave it a try.
Tyson's face pushed through a bunch of blunt ended nails.
I LOVE this picture of Tyson sitting on an GIANT ant. He loves insects and was thrilled when he saw this.
So it was a great trip and I would definitely go there again! If you ever plan on going there though make sure you print off a coupon here. It saved us $20!
Also in Calgary we managed to hit Ikea on the way home. I was looking forward to going there so that we could buy some toy bins. I have been feeling the need to start getting organized for when the baby comes. So little by little I have been cleaning out closets and throwing JUNK away! It feels SO good. I have the babies room completely empty now and all I have to do is buy the paint and have Tyler paint it! Yesterday I ordered the mobile that matches the bedding. Totally a splurge, but I just had to have the one that matched. LOL!So that was my weekend in a nut shell. I have a busy week ahead of me. I have to take snack to Tyson's kindergarten tomorrow and be at parent pre-school all at the same time. I wonder how I am going to manage that?? I have an ultrasound appt. on Thursday so that should be exciting. Hopefully baby is growing and everything is okay.



2 comments:
How fun looks like the boys enjoyed it I need to remember that next time we want something exciting to do there!! Is it expensive?? ttyl
The science center totally looks like it rocked. We might just have to make a trip up there....road trip anyone????
Post a Comment