I can't believe that Tyson is in grade 1! It seems like only yesterday he was born,

and here we are 6 years later and he is going to school FULL time. He will now spend more hours at school than at home with me and that makes me SAD! Tyson was so excited when he woke up in the morning, it was like he had ants in his pants.

After a filling breakfast (I would hate to have him hungry on the 1st day of school...
lol!) it was time to walk to school. Along the way we talked about who his teacher might be and what friends he thought might be in his class with him. After finding out from the office that his teacher would be...Mrs. Kerr, we went to find his classroom. I was SO impress with what the teacher had done! She had the whole classroom decorated with those adorable bright yellow smiley faces, and even Mrs. Kerr was dressed up. She had a cute vest made out of smiley face material & she wore bright yellow
crocs. In the class she had happy face helium balloons. You could tell that she is enthusiastic and loves to teach children. This is her first year at Jennie Emery, but she has taught school before. I am kicking myself now that I didn't get a picture taken of Tyson with her all dressed up! I was to concerned about him finding a desk and getting all settled that it completely slipped my mind!
Tyson was happy to see a few familiar faces in his class, but there were
alot of kids that he didn't know. This doesn't really concern me as he is an outgoing boy and makes friends easily. I'm sure by the end of the week he will be friends with everyone...at least I hope.
As school has fast approached I have taken sometime to reflect on Tyson and the special boy that he is. He is a sweet, kind, very sensitive boy. He is so protective of his brother and sister, and he is a loyal friend. I see such potential in him and hope and pray that I can be a good mother to him. One of my greatest fears as a mother is that my children won't have good friend. Friends who have good values, friends who are honest and loyal, friends who don't do what is right. I know how important friends are and it is so crucial to have GOOD FRIENDS! So far Tyson has good friends and for this I am happy!
Grade 1 is such an exciting year. It really is a year of 1
st's. They learn how to read and write, and so many more
fundamental skills to learning. I hope that Tyson catches on quickly and enjoys reading. I have tried to instill a love of reading in him. I have read to both of my boys since they were very
small, and I hope that by doing so will help them to have a love of books.
Each day Tyson comes home more
excited about grade 1 than he did the day before. (0
kay it has only been 2 days...
lol!) But I am happy that he is enjoying school!
Now for this happy little kid! He truly is a happy little boy, and he was SO happy today when he got to go to his pre-school open house. Carson was very disappointed when he had to wait until after lunch to go to school. He was wanting to go in the morning with Tyson. He couldn't wait to wear his pack pack (what he calls his backpack.) Finally it was after lunch and time to walk to school. He was so giddy the whole way there.


I know that Carson is going to really enjoy pre-school. I couldn't get him to leave. There are so many fun new toys there, plus a lot of kids that he already knows. I can't believe that my baby boy is old enough to start school. Well he just barley meets the cut off date by 2 days...and I am thankful that he can go. He is SO ready!

Now if this little face doesn't spell MISCHIEF...I don't know what does! Watch out Miss Rita.
2 comments:
Awww how I just love those two little faces. Tyson is getting so big, I can remeber the day he was born and how excited I was to be a Aunt. Carson, oh Carson is such my little cutie patootie ( sorry a little girlie saying ) but I could just squeeze his cute little face. It makes me realize how old Hunter is getting and how the time has gone so fast. Cute post !
how dang cute are your kids wow! Crazy we have kids in school full time scary! But we do our best eh! Time flies. Love the pictures!
Post a Comment