It consists of: Ground Pork, green Onion, garlic (lots of it), soya sauce, salt & pepper. Then of course you need the wrappers which can be purchased a most grocery stores. We bought ours from Superstore...love that place!
Here is a picture of the finished project...140 wontons later and it took us about 1.5 hours. We had a blast!
Then we got the big idea to try and make spring rolls. So after heading into Lethbridge to get a few more groceries from the Asian market...we were all set to try our hand at making these. Basically it is the same ingredients as the wontons except you need to add shredded cabbage & carrots. We just bought a coleslaw mix to save time and that worked fine. Here is the meat mixture for spring rolls:
Isn't my sister Tiffany SO cute!
After slaving away in the kitchen ALL day we needed to try out what we made. So we made up a really good batch of Wonton soup, then baked the spring rolls in the oven, and ordered lemon chicken & ginger beef from the local Chinese food restaurant. It was a great meal! I must say the Wontons were SO good...better than the spring rolls. LOL! So we will definitely be making them again...
For Domestic Diva day 2 we decided to attempt to make these:
Cupcake Pops. Tiffany came across this adorable blog awhile back and this girl had made these pops on the Martha Stewart show. I thought they would be so cute to make for Tyson's school class for Halloween. So off to Michaels we go to get what we needed.
I think they turned out pretty cute, and they taste SO yummy! So while attempting to wrangle 5 kids who were having tantrums, and fighting matches, we managed to pull these off. Not to mention make homemade pizza, and 40 temple shaped sugar cookies at 10:00 at night! It was another busy, fun day in the life of Tiffany and Jodi.
In all seriousness I am SO very thankful that I have my sister so close to me! She is my very best friend, the one who I can totally be myself around. We get along so well...most of the time, and that is so important to me. She is the most loyal person I know, and would do anything for me. If I had no other friends but her...that would be enough for me. Love you Tiff!




4 comments:
Totally feel the same way girl...LOVE YA TO PIECES....It was a very fun few days...can't wait for our other projects. Love the pics of me, I look hilarious! What's life if you can't laugh at yourself a bit right. Luvs, Tiff
I have to say I am impressed! Looks like you had a fun day with your sister. I wish mine lived closer!
how fun you guys get along so good what a great day of cooking up fun things it made me hungry! you guys are so cute!!
Dang it! Now I crave Won Ton soup.
Post a Comment