Jul 13, 2009

We Are Back from the LAKE...

Phew....a week of vacation sure seems to go by F*A*S*T! We spent the last 9 days on vacation in Kalispell, MT. For Christmas my parents rented a cabin for all of our family to stay at for 1 week in July. I have to say this was the BEST present ever. We have been looking forward to this holiday for 6 months and FINALLY the day had arrived. After all the packing and preparation was done we finally hit the road. Tyler and I left a few days early to take in the 4th of July celebrations. We went camping with some good friends of our. We went to the water slide on Saturday and it was a PERFECT day to go...there was hardly anyone there. The weather was great and the kids had a blast. Later that night we lit of fireworks and the kids had so much fun. I think we have a little pyro in our family...Tyson had so much fun lighting the fireworks and then running to get out of the way. It was fun to watch them.

Then it was time to go to the cabin. We met the rest of my family there and then the fun began. We spent the next week enjoying each others company, playing in the water, soaking up the sun, eating good food, cray fish hinting, turtle catching, boating, wake boarding, knee boarding, tubing, lighting off more fireworks, and just having fun together. The kids really did well and we didn't have to break up to many fights. Although we were entertained by Hunter and Carson acting like Transformers and attacking each other. It was pretty funny! We had lots of late nights and slept in late as well. The adults had fun playing Risk, Monopoly and Rook.
The week just seemed to fly by and before we knew it, it was time to clean the cabin and head for home. While there I realized a few things. Family is EVERYTHING! They are the people who will support you, laugh with you, cry with you, confide in you, and be happy for your successes. The memories you make with your family are worth so much more than any monetary present anyone could buy you for Christmas.

(I took a little hiatus from writing this post cause we had a family reunion to go to...this post is so late in publishing to my blog...but oh well)

I loved all the time I spent with my family at the Lake, it was so much fun and I am counting down the days until we go again NEXT year...for 2 weeks this time! Yah!

Here are some pictures from the week:




















1 comments:

Amy said...

What a great gift idea! So fun! That area is our favorite camping spot. We didn't go this year, maybe next year. Maybe we'll alternate, West Glacier one year, Coeur D'Alene the next.