Jul 20, 2009

Climb Every Mountain...

Today my little family headed up to beautiful Waterton National Park to spend the day enjoying nature. It was the PERFECT day to be in Waterton. NO WIND...which is SO rare. I thought it would be fun to take the kids to Red Rock and they LOVED the ride up there. I remember the roller coaster hills and turns from when I was a kid, and my kids reacted the same way I used to. It was fun. When we got up to the canyon we had a great little picnic, we were all starving. And of course the kids couldn't help but get in the water. I wasn't prepared at all from them to get wet...but oh well they had SO much fun, even though it was FREEZING! Even little Gracie couldn't help but have fun in the water.




After splashing around for a bit it was time to head off on our hike to Blackistan Falls. I knew this was an easy flat hike that the kids could handle. They were all little troopers and didn't complain at all. Carson even commented that "this is AWESOME." As we were hiking enjoying the sunshine I couldn't help but feel so thankful for this beautiful work the we live in. Heavenly Father has created so much beauty for use to enjoy and most of the time I take it all for granted. I loved the smell of the pine trees, the fresh mountain air. I loved hearing the rushing water from the waterfall and I loved seeing my kids enjoy being active. I commented to the kids & Ty that there was no other place on earth I would rather be than right there hiking with my kids. Tyson said, " not even bowling or swimming?" I said NO way, this is the best place to be right now, and I meant it.


After hiking to Balckistan it was off to hike Bear's Hump. It has been years since I have hiked up this steep trail...and my memory had forgotten how steep it was. But we all made it to the top without any injury's or complaining. YAH! Tyson was the speediest climber and made it to the top before us. He kept bragging that REAL hikers don't need water. LOL! And then on the way down he managed to beat us all again. People coming up the trail commented on what a great little hiker he was. He was pretty proud of himself that he beat his parents up and down the mountain.


It was an absolutely perfect day. We ended it with an ice cream from Big Scoop. You can't go to Waterton without getting an ice cream now can you?

I treasure these PERFECT, happy days spent with the ones I love most. I hope that when I am old and grey and my kids have families of their own that I will remember how much fun we had together creating memories. I hope my kids will remember all the fun things we did together & that they know that Tyler and I love them beyond words. I am so thankful to a Heavenly Father who entrusted me with these 3 very special spirits. They are my pride and joy, they are what make me laugh and make me so happy!

1 comments:

Christal said...

amen I could have wrote the same feelings!! So nice and awesome making memories we hope will last forever!! great pics