Tyler even got dragged on a few of the adult rides, he even admitted that he was scared when he got to the top, but knew there was no where to go but DOWN. It was fun to watch him.
Carson had so much fun on the raft ride & so did I. I got completely soaked from the chest down the first time we went on it. But it felt SO good in the 95 degree weather. It was SO hot while we were there that we welcomed the cool refreshing water on the raft ride.
Carson & his friend Tori must have gone on the airplane ride 20 times. They kept getting off and running right back in line. It was fun to watch them having so much FUN
Even little Gracie got to go on a few rides. She was happy on the little antique car ride. All smiles & giggles.
We also spent some time in Spokane at Riverside State Park. It was beautiful there. Our campsite was right along the river, it was so beautiful. The kids had fun playing in the cool water after a very HOT day. Even little Grace loved the cool water.
Another highlight of our trip was biking the Hiawatha Trail in Montana. Thanks Amy for giving me the idea to do this with my family. We all had such a great time & I know my kids will remember this for a long time. As we were riding through the beautiful mountains, across man made wooden bridges and through cold, dark tunnels I couldn't help but marvel at the beautiful world that was created for us. Each little corner of the earth was hand designed by our Father in Heaven and made for us to enjoy. There is so much of the world that is over populated, crowded, polluted and being destroyed, I couldn't help but be so thankful for where I live. That I am only a short drive away from the magnificent Rocky Mountains. That I can look far into the distance and see nothing but yellow canola fields. That there are beautiful lakes to swim in and fresh fish to catch. I am so happy that we live in a province that recycles. I wasn't an avid recycler until our garbage can just kept getting full to often with all the junk mail and cardboard and cans. We have been recycling for quite awhile and man does it ever cut down on the garbage that gets thrown in to the landfill. I know we could do more...but a little is better than nothing. I am happy that when my kids see garbage littered on the ground that they pick it up and say that we shouldn't litter. Anything we can do to keep our world clean I am sure is pleasing to our Heavenly Father.
I am so thankful for this past week that I have been able to share with my little family. We had so much fun together making memories that I hope with last my kids a lifetime.



2 comments:
Yahoo, you had a rockin good time too! I'm so happy that the bike trip went well for you guys. And you enjoyed some sun while we had a week of rain, no guilt trip intended I swear.
Where exactly did you camp? We need a better campsite next time, ours was o.k. but a bit expensive and the highway noise was annoying.
Sigh, I want to go back. Is it too soon?
Looks like we totally missed out ....next year we WONT be moving...you guys are such great parents to take you kids on all the fun adventures...and your kids will remember it, evan if Carson on remember the airplane ride with Tori..LOL.
Post a Comment