Pineapple Zucchini Muffins
4 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
2 1/2 cups white sugar
1 tablespoon baking powder
1 tablespoon baking soda
1 tablespoon ground cinnamon
1 1/2 teaspoons salt
2 cups vegetable oil (I used 1c. unsweetened applesauce & 1 c. oil. Turned out very well)
6 eggs
3 cups shredded zucchini
1 (20 ounce) can crushed pineapple, drained
3 teaspoons vanilla extractDIRECTIONS
1. Preheat oven to 325 degrees F (165 degrees C). Grease and flour 4 muffin pans, or use paper liners.
2. In a large bowl, combine flour, sugar, baking powder, baking soda, cinnamon and salt. Make a well in the center, and pour in the oil, eggs, zucchini, pineapple and vanilla. Mix until smooth. Fill muffin cups 2/3 to 3/4 full.
3. Bake in the preheated oven for 20 to 25 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean.Chocolate Zucchini Cake
2 cups all-purpose flour
2 cups white sugar
3/4 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
2 teaspoons baking soda
1 teaspoon baking powder
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
4 eggs
1 1/2 cups vegetable oil (used 1c. unsweetened applesauce)
3 cups grated zucchini
3/4 cup chopped walnuts optionalDIRECTIONS
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Grease and flour a 9x13 inch baking pan. (I used a bundt pan instead)
2. In a medium bowl, stir together the flour, sugar, cocoa, baking soda, baking powder, salt and cinnamon. Add the eggs and oil, mix well. Fold in the nuts and zucchini until they are evenly distributed. Pour into the prepared pan.
3. Bake for 50 to 60 minutes in the preheated oven, until a knife inserted into the center comes out clean. Cool cake completely before frosting with your favorite frosting.Chocolate Glaze for Cake
2 cups sifted confectioners' sugar
2 tablespoons unsweetened cocoa powder
1 tablespoon butter, softened
1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
4 tablespoons milkDIRECTIONS
1. In a small bowl, combine butter with sugar and cocoa.
2. Add vanilla. Add milk gradually until smooth.
3. Drizzle over cake.
ENJOY!
Aug 30, 2009
Baking UP A STORM...
Over the last few days despite fighting a nasty sinus cold, I have managed to bake some fabulous things...and I thought I would share the recipes with YOU! I LOVE zucchini...that is when you bake it in something. Not a huge fan of eating it raw or cooked plain but I will if I have too. But when you add it to baking it just makes things SO much better. So here are my recipes dedicated to ZUCCHINI...
Posted by Jodi Pilling at 10:00 AM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



2 comments:
Thanks so much! I need more recipes to use up my huge zucchini. Want some?
i was wondering what to do with some zucchini. thanks!!
Post a Comment