Today is Race Day for me! I have entered the Moonlight 6k run. I am excited, nervous, and anxious. I can already feel the adrenaline running through my body and I had a very hard time getting to sleep last night. LOL! 6k I know I can do, I have done 8k before, so really there is no need for me to worry. I am just dreading the 1km + hill at the very end that has an incredibly steep incline which I have NOT trained for. The rest will be "easy peasy lemon squeezy" as my kids say. So wish me luck and pray that my calves can handle it. LOL! I have set a goal of 40min to finish...I hope I can do it. Stay tuned and I'll update tomorrow on my results. For now I am going to take it easy and enjoy this beautiful sunny day and possible/hopefully take a nap!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



5 comments:
Good luck! Have fun!!!
P.S. Do you have e-mail?
crapo@shaw.ca
Your steep hill incline at the end of the race made me laugh and brought back some good memories of my last half marathon. The whole race was pretty flat until the last mile and I hit a huge steep hill. Where the heck did that come from! I remember trying to run up it and quickly realized that I might as well walk it as my attempted run up it was about the same pace as a walk if not slower. Pretty sad but I did it! The question is . . . why do they have to be so mean to put it at the end of the race?! LOL. Good luck! I think you'll ROCK it!
Thanks guys for your words of encouragement! I loved the race, it was so fun! I set a goal to do it in 40 min & I did it in 38.48. So I was very happy with that!
Yes Lynn my email is tpilling@telusplanet.net
are you related to Laura Crapo?
What a great accomplishment you rock!!!
Post a Comment