May 13, 2006

All Gone...

All of the puppies have now gone to their new homes. One by one the new owners came and picked up their puppy. It was sad to see them go, but to me it was bitter sweet. I have enjoyed having 7 little fur balls in our home. But now they are HUGE and getting into everything, and chewing on everything, including the new plants I planted! Tyson was heartbroken when Batman was picked up. He cried plenty of tears, and said he was very sad that we couldn't keep Batman. I have been trying to explain to him for the past few weeks that we weren't going to be able to keep any of the puppies, but I don't think he or I realized how hard it would actually be when it was time for them to go. All seems well with him now, although he still mentions his beloved puppy. It was a great learning experience for him to have to be responsible for these dogs. He didn't hesitate when I asked him to go and feed them, or put them back in their bed for the night. He would spontaneously go out into the yard and play with them. He was always carrying on of them around, usually Batman. He loved those dogs, and with surly miss them. Who knows, maybe someday again Maggie will have another litter of puppies.

Here is a collage I made my mom for Mother's Day. The size will be 10 x 6, and I will put it in an 8x10 frame. It was SO hard for me to get a picture of Carson holding a puppy. 1 they are too big now for him to hold, and 2 he wouldn't sit still! So this picture will have to do. The puppy with Tyson of course is Batman. I am happy that I have these pictures to show the kids when they are older, it will help them remember these beloved pets of ours.

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

You will have to give me some lessons on the photoshop. Those are great!
Jenny