May 20, 2006

Beautiful Weather...&...No Camera!

This whole week has been absolutely beautiful! It sure feels like summer is here...I hope it is here to STAY! The kids and I have enjoyed many hours outside basking in the warm sunshine. We were even blessed to have Tyler home for a few days during the week. We spent one of those days at a local park/lake. We invited my grandma to come and enjoy a picnic with us. We packed a very yummy lunch and picked up KFC to top of the meal. I also packed the balls & bats, and the bubble blower. Tyson enjoyed playing on the playground, and also tossing a ball back and forth with us. Grandma H. was impressed with how well he could hit the ball. I can't wait for him to be old enough for T-Ball, I know he will enjoy it a lot! Carson was just his happy-go-lucky boy as always. He found delight in pushing the stroller all over the place. He really is the happiest baby I know!

Here are some picture from our day at the park.
On Friday Tyler didn't have to work again so we decided to head to Calgary and go to Calaway park. We haven't taken Tyson there yet, and we weren't sure if he was still to little to enjoy it. Last year though I did take him to Whoop Up Days and he LOVED the rides that he was big enough to go on. So we figured that he would like the rides at Calaway. Well needless to say when we bought our seasons pass (cheaper than buying a regular admission, so if you go 2 times you more than paid for 1 admission, we though it was a good idea.) we found out that the park wasn't open until the NEXT day! I had looked on the net before going and it said that they were open. Well we were really bummed! All was not lost though because it was a GREAT day to go to the Calgary Zoo. I did forget one major thing though...the CAMERA! I never, ever forget the camera when we go places, well this was the first...and the LAST! I guess we will be making another trip to the zoo before the summer is over so we can get the "zoo photos." I know my sisters want to take their kids, so we will tag along with them. It was a fun day, and Tyson's favorite part was the little crocodile, and the play area. It was the perfect weather, a little over cast and cloudy, but still really warm. And there weren't a lot of people. It was a PERFECT Zoo day!
Tyson has been saying some really funny things lately and I think I should keep a record of it. So why not do it here.
When I was in Chicago he got diarrhea. His uncle Bronc asked him how he was feeling and he replies with, "fine but I have the very quickly poo's." How funny is that!
We were driving in to the city and Tyson noticed the old water tower. It used to hold water, but was recently turned into a fancy restaurant. He asked me what it was and I told him, "It is a fancy restaurant where mommies and daddies go to eat a nice dinner, usually steak." That seemed to satisfy his curiosity and we proceeded to go to Burger King for lunch, and also so the kids could play at the play land. When we sat down to eat Tyson said to me, "Mom this is a fancy restaurant." I couldn't help but laugh to myself. It sure isn't hard to please a 3 year old.
We bought Tyson a 2 wheeler with training wheels the other day (pictures to come soon.) The first day we went for a long ride and were surprised at how well he was doing. Although he couldn't seem to concentrate on where he was going, and talk to us at the same time. Tyler said to him, "Boy that is a real cool bike you have!" Then Tyson replies with in his little sarcastic voice, " I know dad, now stop talking about it!" This kid, he just cracks me up!
Well there you have a few of the many many funny things my adorable son has been saying. I plan on documenting more of his funny mannerisms, and comments. It will be SO funny to read them to him when he gets older.

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

Your story is so funny because we went to Calaway park yesterday for our aniversary and bought the yearly passes as well and I also forgot my camera. So sad! Sometimes we have to much on our minds to remember everything.
Take care!
Jenny