May 13, 2008

Mother's Day Tea

Last Friday Tyson invited me to a Mother's Day Tea at school. He was SO excited. He couldn't stop talking about it all week. He said that his class had been making gifts and learning new songs and that it was all a big surprise. I was excited to go, and seeing him so excited made me even more excited! We all met in the gym where the kids had made placements with their pictures on them. They were really cute. All the kids came in and stood at the front of the gym and sang us a few songs. Then they sang a cute song about not eating the green jelly beans because it will give us a tummy ache. It had really cute actions where they jumped up and down, patted their head, rubbed their tummy, and hopped on one leg. Before the song began the mom's were instructed to pay close attention to the actions. Little did we know that we (mom's) we be up there soon doing the actions with your kids. It was a lot of fun! Here I am 8 1/2 months pregnant jumping up and down while kicking one leg out. It requires a lot of concentration for people NOT pregnant. I'm sure I was a sight to see. But Tyson and I had fun and that is all that mattered. After the songs Tyson came and sat down with me and his teacher served all the mom's their treats that the kids had made. It was a yummy cupcake with jelly beans on the top in the shape of a flower. Tyson was so proud of how well he applied the icing and arranged the candy. It sure was a yummy treat. Then it was present time. A few weeks back the kids were asked to bring a 2 handed rock in for a project. Tyson took so much time picking out his special rock and making sure that it fit in both his hands. I was excited to see what was to become of the rock...and I finally did. They had painted to rock to look like a lady bug and called it a LOVE BUG. It was so cute. Tyson and I chatted about where the best place in the yard would be to put it. He was so proud of it! It was a great Mother's Day event that I won't forget. I can't believe how Tyson is growing. He has such a tender heart and is always telling me that he loves me. Those are just the best words to hear. I am so grateful to be a Mother, and on occasions like this it just reminds me how worth it it all is. Even though there are tough days and I wish I could just hid in my room, there are way more happy fun filled days watching my kids learn and grow that you just can't help but think that those days out weigh the bad ones.
On Sunday I was suprised by my husband with a gift that I thought he had paid no attention to. I told him a few days ago, after our trip to Great Falls, that there were only a few more things I needed before the baby came, and one of them was a Moby Wrap. I then explained to him what it was and thought nothing more about it. Well when I opened the gift I was shocked that he remembered and that he took the time to track it down. They only sell them at one store in the city and I knew it must not have been an easy task to find it. But thanks to my sister she was able to help him get one. I was so happy, now I just can't wait to use it! To top it off he got me a HUGE card, which has become a tradition. I love getting the cards from my boys. In it both Tyson and Carson drew me a little picture and Tyson wrote I Love Mom. SO CUTE! Tyler also wrote some nice things and told me that if I really wanted to name the baby Grace he was fine with that. So I am excited to have my little Gracie!

2 comments:

Tiffany said...

What a cute idea ...from the school about the Mother's day tea...how fun, I can just tell how excited Tyson was about the whole thing...what a cutie pie. I am glad you had a wonderful Mother's day.

Christal said...

how cute and excited looking is tyson what a fun idea! What a thoughtful husband to a moby wrap nice work tyler!! Hope your feeling good and enjoying this beautiful weather so nice eh!! ttyl