May 24, 2008

I'm SO Excited!!!

Yesterday I got an exciting email from Rebecca Cooper telling me that she had a few of my photos up on her blog. I absolutely love what she did and can't wait to see the rest of the pictures. I am so happy that I got her to capture this special time in my little families life. I'm sure I will look back on these pictures and remember what it was like to be pregnant and how excited that we were having a little girl, a baby sister. They boys are getting more excited and I keep trying to explain to Carson that he is going to be a big brother soon. In his little mind he still thinks he is a baby, and tells us that often. Maybe that is the reason why he still has NO desire to use the potty. Maybe when the baby comes he will realize that he isn't the baby anymore and he needs to be a big boy. I'm crossing my fingers that is what will happen. I really don't want to be changing 2 kids diapers. And my heavens Carson is 3.5 years old, time to be a BIG BOY!
This past week we have been a host family to 2 Japanese students. This is something that we have done for the past 3 years. Tyson really enjoys having them come. This was the 1st time we have had 2 girls, and it was GREAT! The girl on the left is Toko, and the one on the right is Manami. Toko is the 4th tallest girl in her class, and she was TALL! She was the more quiet, reserved one, but was still more outgoing than most Japanese girls we have had. Manami was obsessed with American Celebrities. She was up on all the latest Hollywood gossip. She also was up to date on all the top music artists. It was fun to see her get so excited to buy a Seventeen magazine, and hear her favorite songs on the radio. It was a joy to have them in our home and to share their culture with us. These girls were 17 and what a difference a few years makes. In times past we have had very young girls, 12 & 13. The barley knew any English and were homesick. But these 2 girls knew a lot of English and communicating with them was so much easier. They were also very outgoing, which isn't common in the Japanese culture, especially coming to a foreign place and not knowing anyone. These girls fit in so well with our family. They didn't mind being pestered by the boys and loved playing with them. We did some fun things together while they were here. We took them to see the new Indiana Jones movie, and they loved it. We also went bowling, and they were surprised to see that the balls were so small and there were only 5 pins. We took them to Holiday Bowl so that Tyson & Carson could play too. We also went shopping and they were so excited to buy perfume. That was on their list of things to get along with Maple Syrup. I introduced them to salt water taffy, and they went home with a HUGE bag from Costco for their family. On Sunday when it was time to take them to the bus to go to Banff both girls cried and cried. This is the 1st time that the girls have become emotional. I guess they really loved our family and were sad to leave us. Tyson shed a few tears as well. He really connected with these 2 and he is going to miss them. Thanks to the wonderful world of email we will be able to keep in touch with them more easily, so that will be fun.

2 comments:

Christal said...

How fun for your family!! What were they here for?? Just curious! We were at rebeccas last night and she told me she had some of your pics up, so I looked last night and they are so cute! Your boys are adorable and you look so cute. How fun to have !! well have a great week!

The Molcak's said...

I sneaked a peak at your pics. They're really cute! Did your exchange students tummy calm down after the BBQ?