
Last Friday Tyson had his end of the year piano recital. I must say that for his 1st year of piano I am impressed by all that he learned. And even more impressed that he enjoyed it. It was a bit more than I expected as far as practising and commitment were concerned, but in the end it worked out great. I love the Music for Young Children program. It is a group based piano lesson where the student and parent attend together. It is a great way for the kids to learn, and it involves much more than just learning the piano. The kids were able to sing songs, learn rhythms, and how to play different instruments. I am thankful for the 2 month break, but anticipate how much Tyson will learn next year. I hope I can manage with taking the baby to lessons with me. I guess we will just have to try it and see how it goes.

Teacher Rachel is GREAT with the kids. She has alot of patience and is a great teacher. I was happy that Tyson was able to get into her class as this was the last year she will be taking new students. I hope that Tyson will remember teacher Rachel and how she taught him how to play the piano and develop a love for music. I am sad to say that I don't remember my 1st piano teacher :(

Here is Tyson's little class. It was nice to have another boy join him. Each child contributed something different to the class, and by the end of the year we were all pretty comfortable with each other.
And to end this blog entry I will leave you with a video of our concert pianist!
2 comments:
WHat a proud little piano player...way to go Tyson !
what an awesome program I want kolten to play but not sure where to even start or how they practice when we don't own a paino hard choices!! What a good mom you are!!
Post a Comment