Oct 25, 2008

Halloween Tradition...

Today we completed another TRADITION in the Pilling home. Tyson has his annual HALLOWEEN party. I have been throwing a kids Halloween party for the past 4 years. The kids look forward to it all year. They start planning their costume and who they are going to invite. They also look forward to ALL the candy! I think my kids like Halloween better than Christmas...well almost.

So today was the BIG day! Tyson invited friends from school this year. And he was excited for me to meet all of them. As usual I worked tirelessly to make sure that everything was PERFECT. I ordered all the party favors and pinatas from Oriental Trading Company. Such a COOL site. I will be using them for ALL my parties in the future! I decorated last night...and heard the little lanterns falling from the ceiling during the night. AGHHH. Who said duck tape with make anything stick? Well it doesn't stick all that well to a stippled ceiling. Oh well...I managed to put them back up today and they looked cute...until the kids got to them. BOYS...are so darn destructive! This year we played a few games and then I realized that I had to much time to spare...so I let them watch a Diego Halloween movie...which didn't last long. When you have about 8 grade 1 boys...they didn't' seem to want to sit very still & started playing ninja instead. But what could I expect right? Over all they were quite behaved. Also this year I bought dry ice to put in the punch. The kids thought that was GREAT! They all wanted "smoke" in their glass. Naturally we didn't' eat anything that was healthy...until I felt guilty and put a plate of apples & grapes on the table, which only were eaten by the adults. Go figure. LOL! And as usual I sent the kids home with a lovely sugar high for their parents. Oh and to end the festivities we had a skull pinata that when I hit it it swung up and hit a florescent light and broke it. I think that was the highlight of the kids party...when Mrs. Pilling broke the light.

It was a fun time had by all...but I have to admit...I AM TIRED! All the work and preparation for a few hours of fun. But I can't stop having that party now when I have been doing it for so long. I have already decided that for next year....less kids, and possible just a sleep over, or would that be more work? I guess we will have to see. Here are a few pictures...which I am kinda disappointed I didn't get more. I was to busy playing games and keeping all the "ninjas" under control.

My little "Wolverine"



My nice little dragon
Tyson playing a Halloween version of Twister.
Kids at the craft table.

Having snacks...Yummy!

Last night our ward had a Halloween carnival. It was SO much fun. The kids enjoyed playing all the games. I think the biggest hit was bobbing for apples. It took Tyson quite a few tries before he grabbed one, but Carson surprised us and picked one up with his teeth on his second try.









Of course I couldn't let a Halloween go but and not have Grace dressed up. Here she is at 3 1/2 months old dressed up as a butterfly. Isn't she SO cute! Gotta love The Children's Place. I hope all you littler ghosts & goblins have a fun & safe Halloween!






3 comments:

The Molcak's said...

awww, what a great idea. I'm so sad that I missed the ward party. I guess that's what happens when you move away! haha. Grace looks so cute in her little butterfly costume.

Christal said...

grace is so so cute! love it! and what a great mom you are what a fun party alot of work but so fun!! So one question with the oriental trading company do you get your stuff right away and do they ship up here?? Cause I always get the catalouge but never know what to expect and how long it takes to get here!
Well looks like a great party you are such a good mom!!

Andy said...

your baby girls costume is adorable... what a little sweetie!