Oct 5, 2008

This Past Week...

Life has been busy this week. The boys started skating lessons on Tuesday. I am SO thankful that Carson is enjoying himself. Last year it was fight every week. There were LOTS of tears and a very frustrated mom. Half the time he didn't even skate because I was pregnant and didn't feel like dealing with a 3 year old who was crying all the time. So 1 year later...things are much better!
Tyson continues to enjoy school. I am SO thankful that he is fitting in and loves learning. He gets so excited to do his sight word flash cards each night, and reminded me last night about it. I told him it was the weekend and that we could take a break. He seemed a bit disappointed. He also got chosen to be the school spirit leader for his class. This is RIGHT up his alley. I know he will enjoy being involved in this. He has so much enthusiasm and energy, it will be great to have him use it in a positive way.


Friday night we had a movie night with a pizza picnic. The kids LOVED this! We watched the movie Paulie, it was so cute, I recommend it. The kids and I went to the grocery store and they each got to pick out there own pop & chips. I know...not to healthy, but hey it was the weekend. I couldn't believe how many pieces of pizza they both ate! Tyson ate 3 and Carson ate 4...they are definitely growing boys. It was nice to spend some quality time together.


Yesterday we went to Green Haven for their pumpkin fest. It was SO much fun, I wish we would have had more time to spend there. Tyson had a birthday party in the afternoon so we had to get home for that. This function was a fund raiser for the Make A Wish foundation and all proceeds when to this cause. They had little games for the kids, 2 astro jumps, a petting zoo and a wagon ride. Of course there was pumpkin pie, and lots of pumpkins you could purchase. Here are a few pictures of the kids.






Here is a picture of my little Gracie! I can't believe that she is 3 months old. The time is going by WAY to fast. She is my little princess. We are all enjoying her so much. He truly has blessed our family.





It was a GREAT DAY!

With pumpkins on my mind I decided to try a new recipe. It is called Dinner in a Pumpkin. There is a new family that moved into our ward so I thought this would be a fun meal to bring to them. Here are a few pictures of the meal:



Hollow out your pumpkin removing all seeds.


Meat & Rice mixture. Tasted a lot like that Chinese casserole. It was YUMMY!

Fill the pumpkin with the meat mixture. Replace the lid and bake in the oven for 350 degrees for 1 hour. I put Chinese noodles on the top when I served it. SO good!

Then I decided to make Creamy Caramel Popcorn. So DELISH!

Everyone enjoys a give away don't they...and who couldn't use another adorable bag. Enter the contest at Handbag Planet for a chance to win.

While listening to conference today one of the quotes I enjoyed the most was this:

Find JOY in the JOURNEY...NOW!

President Thomas S. Monson

1 comments:

Tiffany said...

Thanks for sharing !!!