Mar 18, 2009

Spring Is In The Air...

Today was finally a nice day...without WIND! How I curse that blasted wind. It can be a beautiful, warm sunny day and then the WIND has to come and ruin it all. So today I am thankful that it finally felt like SPRING and there was NO wind. Yipeee...
Today I had PPP with Carson and it always makes for a great day. He is so excited to go and see all his friends at "little school." He always asks if Hunter is going to be there...and I always say YES. Hunter and Carson are joined at the HIP! They always want to be together and they miss each other terribly when they don't see each other every day. It is going to be a very traumatic and a very sad day when my sister finally moves to Magrath...but I don't even want to think about that right now. I know it is going to be a VERY hard day for me too. Usually after PPP we head in to do our regular Costco shop. Today though several mom's from the group all met at Costco for lunch. Let me tell ya...there were kids running EVERYWHERE...mostly little rambuncious boys. We were all doing our best to keep them under control and behaving themselves...but boys will be BOYS! I thought the kids did quite well, but an elderly man did not. He informed the kids that they were too loud. I mean seriously does he not remember what it was like to have little kids...and boys at that. Oh well, I just made light of the situation and carried on. It was nice to get together although I spent most of my time wrangling a hungry 4 year old at the same time trying to feed Grace french fries...I know BAD mom...but she loved them!
I have been thinking a lot lately about a close friend of mine who is struggling and I just don't know what to do. She has struggled with in-activity in the church her whole life and when she moved to Coaldale she finally decided to come back and that is how I met her. She is the sweetest, most fun loving person I have ever met. She would do anything for you. But I am so worried about her. She seems to live 2 lives one here in Coaldale when she is around the girls from church and then is different when she goes back home. I have tried to give her advice and be sensitive to her situation...but it is getting to the point where I think I have to be more bold and blunt about some things. I would hate to offend her and hurt her feelings and put a strain on our friendship but at the same time I feel that because I care about her and want her to be happy and be the best she can be I have to be up front with her. So I am torn and don't know what to do. I guess this is just another one of lives little challenges. I'm sure that things will work out and I will know how to approach the situation, but only time will tell I guess. Anyway enough serious talk for today...Make today (tonight) a GREAT one!

4 comments:

The Molcak's said...

You're so lucky to have escaped the wind today! I'm hoping for some nice weather soon! You and Tiff are so lucky to have eachother and kids that love eachother too! Something tells me that even though she may move, it won't change things too much! I don't think you two would let it and that's awesome!

Tiffany said...

Don't worry with any luck of Trevor's we won't be leaving anytime soon....hang in there with your friend it will all work out I am sure. :) Have a great day ! What are we doing today by the way? ....LOL

Amy said...

It's so frustrating when strangers get involved in our parenting. I would have had the rowdiest boy there LOL!

Rayanna Hogg said...

Don't worry we all feed our kids french fries! LOL
I think the only thing you can do is be a good example to your friend and one day she will come back and thank you.