
Things have been good around the Pilling house lately. We have finished skating lessons for the year and I am happy to report that I am GLAD they are over. It was a long season...but the kids had fun. Saturday was their Carnival and they both did such a good job. This will be Tyson's last year as he is getting board with it and it quite a good little skater now, but Carson will continue for a few more years....so we will have more Carnivals to come. We have a few weeks will less running around until soccer & gymnastics start & then it will be back to the crazy buziness...but I LOVE it that way....most days. LOL!
We just finished having a Japanese student live with us for a week. Her name was Saki, and she was a really sweet girl. She loved the kids and was more than happy to help me make supper & clean up. I think she had a fun time here in Canada which is good. She was 15 years old and this was her first time away from home. She spoke very good English and could communicate well with us. We were sad to see her go, and they kids were even asking for her for a few days after she left. I have found it rewarding to have these students in our home. It is good for me to be on my guard more when someone is around. I find that I am more conscious of how I react to the kids and am more patient because I know someone is watching. Sad I know...that it takes a foreigner to make me more aware...We will be having 2 more girls come in May and I am looking forward to that.
Well this post is getting long...so until next time...have a WONDERFUL day!



4 comments:
Gracie is getting so big! That's awesome that her brothers are so protective of her, heaven knows my wasn't growing up! lol!
gracie is so adorable and I can't believe she is 9 months old already crazy eh! How fun to have a student come but so true how we are more guarded in our reactions with somebody right there! Sounds like you have been so busy what would we do without it eh!!
Great pictures of Grace! She's a beautiful baby. Ditto to Christal and your thoughts on reacting differently when others are watching.
Grace SO SO Cute!! The pictures are adorable of her!
Post a Comment