Apr 13, 2009

What We Have Been Up To...

We have had a couple of busy weeks here in the Pilling home. Here are a few of the highlights...


Carson had to have tubes & adenoids take out last Thursday. We have been on the waiting list for a LONG time and finally the day arrived. He was in GREAT spirits. I was nervous...this was our 2nd set of tubes bur first time for adenoids. The surgery was going to be longer and require a longer stay at the hospital. He did great the first time so I was praying we would have the same experience the 2nd time.

Here he is with his special blankie. He was smiling from ear to ear and wanted to go to the play room which he remembered from the 1st time we were there.


Checking out his I.D. bracelet.

He did great and was such a brave boy when the nurse came to take him to the operating room. I nervously waited in the waiting room. The surgery was quick and he was out after about an hour (including recovery time.) I did however hear him SCREAMING at the top of his lungs when he woke up. I guess he was disoriented...but who could blame him. The gave him a shot of morphine to calm him down. Poor little guy. Over all he did very well and the 4 hours we had to wait after went by fast. He was very thirsty afterwards...and then very hungry. He managed to eat 2 banana, jello & some Popsicles.


Carson post-op with a Popsicle. He still had a smile on his face. But was a bit groggy. Right after the surgery he said he could hear better...what a GOOD sign. Another good sign was that he wanted to drink...LOTS! That was to help with the removal of his adenoids. So all signs were pointing towards positive. I was happy to take him home when our time was up. I took him to Toys R Us to pick out a special toy for being so brave. He picked a Diego truck...he was a happy boy. We have been home now for a few days now and he is still doing well. He has however been quite tired in the afternoon and has been napping...which is a nice break for mom. I am so thankful for modern medicine and for knowledgeable Doctors who care out our kids. I am thankful for the power of the priesthood (Tyler gave Carson a blessing the night before) I know Heavenly Father was watching out for Carson that day.

We all have been enjoying the BEAUTIFUL Spring weather the past few days....minus the wind on a few of them. But I am NOT complaining. It is great to see the sun shining and the grass turning green. I was happy to get out in my yard and rake up all the dead leaves and branches from a LONG winter. I was happy to see some green poking out of my flower beds and can't wait to start seeing the tulips bloom.

Tyson has been talking about wanting a tree house for a long time. But our yard just isn't suited for one....so we have been putting it off. But my ingenious husband figured out a way to make a small tree house in the only suitable tree in our yard. So Saturday the project began. It was fun to see Tyson helping Tyler and watching them make progress on it. I took the kids for a few hours in the late morning for our annual Easter egg hunt at the park. The kids had fun playing with their friends and gathering the eggs and seeing what surprised were in each one. Here is the gang that attended this year. It was fun to have new kids there that weren't there last year.


All the kids lined up getting the final instructions before we turned them loose to hunt for their eggs.




One...Two...Three...GO!






When we got back Tyler had made good progress on the tree house...but there was still LOTS to do. So we all helped with the building. Even I was up there helping to hold the spacer boards and put in a few screws. It was fun, and we all enjoyed working on it together. So after about 12 hours of labor, several trips to the hardware store we were done our project. The kids were THRILLED!


6 comments:

Rayanna Hogg said...

Carson is such a brave little man!! I'm so glad that everything went well. Thanks again for inviting us to the Easter Egg Hunt... Makenna had a blast and it was so nice catching up with you girls- it's been TOO long!

Tiffany said...

Nice update it's about time...lol. I am so happy that Carson did so well. He is such a little trooper. The boys are going to love that treehouse, it turned out great !!

The Molcak's said...

What a little trooper that Carson is! So glad that everything went well. Your kids are going to love that treehouse this summer and it will be nice for you that you can "send them out there"! lol!

Amy said...

What a great Easter you had, love the tree house!

Christal said...

so glad everything went good what a trooper he is. Love the treehouse that is awesome! Love the easter hunt pics too how fun!!! Glad to see all is good! ttys

Just Rhonda said...

So cool that your hubby built a treehouse for your kiddos!!!! Looks like a great Easter too!