So at the end of February my friend and I decided we wanted a quick little get away and we chose Las Vegas...mainly because it was cheap to get there. I was able to talk Tyler into going and made all the arrangements for the kids. It was a total spur of the moment trip...from the time we booked to the time we left was 5 days. So that was fun to just book and go...not have to save and wait. The few day prior to leaving I was SO crazy busy trying to get the house clean, meals made and the endless lists for all the kids. I was having my Grandma come to watch the kids for 2 days, then my mom was coming then she was taking them to my in-laws. So there was lots to get ready. But it all came together and I felt comfortable leaving them, I knew they were in good hands. This trip was also exciting cause 2 of the people we went with had never been on a plane before. It was fun to watch Nicole go through security and then the plane ride.
I'm not going to give a day by day account of the trip cause that might be too boring. But we did have LOTS of fun and were really busy. It wasn't a really relaxing trip it was pretty much go...go...go, but we saw lots and walked LOTS. We went to a Vegas show, something I have always wanted to do, and it was a Cirque Du Soliel to boot. We saw KA and it was amazing. I would totally recommend seeing a Cirque show...so worth the $$
We ate at the AMAZING Cheesecake Factory 3 times! It is THAT good! We also went to the outlet mall and it was awesome! Every store you could ever think of was there...from very high end to you average kids stores. I bought way too much...but it was so fun.
We also went to Hoover Dam & the Las Vegas temple. Hoover Dam was really cool to see, I had forgotten what it looked like. The Las Vegas temple was beautiful. We were there and night and it is nestled right up against the mountain. The angel Moroni is facing away from the city which I thought was very ironic.
MGM Grand Hotel Lobby
Outside Caesars Palace
Inside Caesars Palace
Overall it was a GREAT trip, time alone with Tyler and time with great friends and family.



5 comments:
Looks like you guys had a great time! That's neat that Moroni is looking away from "Sin City"! lol!
Geesh thanks for the BEAUTIFUL picture of me...oh well I am always willing to take one for the team...Fun times...next trip is a cruise or a beach...get planning it.
What a fun trip, I'm glad you had a good time! Some day Aubey and I want to get away without kids. Thank goodness for Allegiant Air, makes the trip so cheap.
Looks like you had a GREAT little vacation, fun times you will have to tell me all your great "memories" from the trip!
How nice to get away a little jeolous! To fun! good times good memories~! Glad you all had fun!
Post a Comment