Ahhh the blessed day has finally arrived. I LOVE the first day of school...and I did as a kid. I remember being so excited I wouldn't be able to sleep. I remember most vividly the 1st day of grade 7...I was TERRIFIED! Back in Cardston they had "Initiation," for all the grade 7 kids...and it was terrible...and to this day I can't believe that it was allowed. This is where the grade 9 kids would have you do anything they wanted...or try to at least. Do the leapfrog across the street, carry their books, things like that. Then there was the dreaded Kangaroo Court...the assembly where the poor grade 7 kids were tormented. Like I said I can't believe that the school got away with this. I was to receive the worst treatment....eggs, shaving cream...and all sorts of goop got put in my hair in front of the WHOLE school. I was a good sport but it was so embarrassing. Every other first day of school was GREAT except grade 7!
Tyson started school on August 31st, and he was so excited...and I was too. I love the smell of new school supplies and new school shoes. He was so anxious to get to school to see who his teacher was going to be and wondered if any of his friends would be in his class. Little did he know that I requested his teacher from last year to be his grade 2 teacher as she was switching from grade 1 to grade 2. He was ecstatic when he found out it was Mrs. Kerr! And would you know that there were 9 kids from grade 1 in his grade 2 class. He was SO happy!
Today was my little Carson's 1st day of Kindergarten. He was supposed to repeat pre-school but after much agonizing and consideration we felt we should put him in Kindergarten and see how he does. Mind you he will probably repeat Kindergarten next year...but that is okay. He too was so excited to meet his new teacher Mrs. Langhoffer, and see which friends were going to be in his class. He was especially excited to wear his new shoes, which he has been since Tyson started school. They are his "police" shoes and he loves that they light up.

There are so many new things ahead for my boys. New teachers, new friends, new routines, and lots and LOTS of learning. I am so excited for them to develop and grow and learn life skills. I am also excited for the chance I have to spend with little Gracie at home. She is such a joy to be around, I can't help up feel happy when she smiles at me. I am happy to be back in the routine of things...lessons, homework, BEDTIME! Life is GOOD...and I am so THANKFUL...and HAPPY!
Tyson started school on August 31st, and he was so excited...and I was too. I love the smell of new school supplies and new school shoes. He was so anxious to get to school to see who his teacher was going to be and wondered if any of his friends would be in his class. Little did he know that I requested his teacher from last year to be his grade 2 teacher as she was switching from grade 1 to grade 2. He was ecstatic when he found out it was Mrs. Kerr! And would you know that there were 9 kids from grade 1 in his grade 2 class. He was SO happy!
The kids LOVE to ride their bikes to school and I am SO thankful that we live close enough



3 comments:
I feel the same way about Kindergarten with Rawley. But he has already done 2 years of preschool so I figured I would see how it goes, and if he needs to repeat Kindergarten again oh well!
That makes me so sad to see my little Carson man being so grown up...they are getting way to big way to fast. Hurray to schedules...can't wait till Hunter starts preschool next week.
They both looked super excited for school, that's awesome!
Post a Comment