Apr 24, 2010

Something Has Been Keeping Me Busy...

Wow blogging has definitely hit the VERY bottom of my list of things to do. I have been super busy with a few projects. I am so happy with how they turned out...now I have time to share them with YOU!

First off I LOVE this site, Knock Off Wood! Really cute, easy furniture that YOU can make. My first project was a kids picnic table. Tyler and i made it together, and he taught me how to use the saw. We had a great time together building this strong, cute table for our kids. This picnic table cost less to make ($17 for the wood & screws, $19 for the paint) than it would of to buy a cheap Fisher Price plastic table that will not last nearly as long! Unfortunately I don't have any pictures of us making the table or putting it together. I was so engrossed on cutting the wood, and putting it together that the camera was forgotten. But here are the AFTER pictures. I LOVE IT...and so do the kids!






I have been wanting a new patio table and furniture for a while now, but can't seem to find exactly what I am looking for. So HERE is what I will be making next. I LOVE IT! And thanks to Knock Off Wood...I have all the plans for FREE.

My little girl will turn 2 on July 1st. Where has the time gone? She is so much fun, talking so well and trying hard to keep up to her very energetic brothers! So this year we bought her a cedar playhouse from Costco. Tyler wanted to wait until July to buy it/put it together, but I didn't want to wait that long. There would be all of May & June for her to play in it, and we will be gone for half the summer. Needless to say I won the argument. LOL! So after the table was finished we moved on to putting the playhouse together...what an undertaking! Tyson even joined in and helped.


Of course I had to add my personal touch to the house and quickly ran out to buy fabric to make curtains. They turned out SO darn cute! We just have the door and outside bench to put on and then I will take some pictures to show you just how cute the house is. So stay tuned!

While tackling these projects I realized that you are never to old to try or learn something new. I'm sure most women feel that there is no way they could use a power tool to build a piece of furniture, but I learned YOU CAN! If you put your mind to something you can do ANYTHING. That is a very valuable lesson to learn, and something I hope I can teach my children. The sense of accomplishment you get when you put your mind to something and follow it through is a great feeling. It seems in this world it is easy come easy go. If something is too hard we don't do it, or buy it, or have someone else do it. Why not TRY, or DO IT your self? Determination and perseverance and a litter elbow grease are often all you need. So my challenge for all today is to try something new that you have always wanted to do. It may be build a piece of furniture, sew some curtains, cook a new recipe. I know you can do it...just like I did.
Have a HAPPY day!

3 comments:

Lynn said...

You are so right!

And CUTE furniture! Way to go. Can't wait to see the rest.

Shanna said...

Way to go!! This should make every women proud! Cute table...Power tools rock!

Amy said...

I saw that playhouse at Costco and was coveting it haha, can't wait to see your personal touch. Good job Jodi, you're an inspiration.