Wow time flies...when your having fun! I have been having LOTS of fun lately. Here are a few things I have been up to:
Sewing cute little dresses/shirts for Grace.


I also made 2 purses. I LOVE how they turned out. They were so fun to make. I can't wait to pick up
This is my new purse. I shrunk down the pattern a bit and I love the size.
This is the one I made my mom for Mother's day. It would make a great beach bag. Lots of room for a magazine/book, sunscreen, water bottle ect.We have been enjoying the nice HOT weather playing at Indian Battle Park in the river.


Carson has been giving Grace rides around the block in the Jeep.
And picnic lunches in the back yard on the NEW picnic table.
This week we have had Japanese exchange students. We are having so much fun with them!

Meet Mika (in the back) and Risa. Here they are making Chicken Fajitas. They LOVED them!
A quick stop to 7-11 on our way to the Petting Zoo. The girls were amazed at the size of the cups. They said in Japan the largest size is the small childs slurpee cut. I kept telling them that EVERYTHING in Canada is BIG. They agreed!

Our trip to the petting zoo was so fun. There were lots of animals and my kids and the students loved it.
I also had the chance to go on a field trip with each of the boys. Carson and I went to the Dinosaur museum in Warner. We had a wonderful day together!
Tyson and I went to a musical performance put on by the Lethbridge City Orchestra. It was called Carnival of the Animals and it was great. Then we went to the Henderson park for a picnic and to top the day off...went bowling. It was a fun filled day.
Being able to go on these day trips with my boys just made me realize more how thankful and lucky I am to be a stay at home mom. I know there are days when I think it would be easier to take my kids to daycare and go to work, to not have to deal with the whining (as Grace is by my chair crying/whining right now) but I wouldn't trade the cranky days in with them because that means I get to enjoy all the great days too. I am happy that I am home when they get home from school. That they know that if they need anything they can call and I will be there. I know not all women have this same opportunity. I admire the working mother, for all organization it must take to run a household and hold down a job. I know it must not be easy.
I am looking forward to Summer, and this past week the weather has sure been tempting us. My kids are excited for school to be done and are getting rambunctious. It is getting that time of year when I want ALL the lessons to be over, and there to be no running here and there. I keep telling myself, only a few more weeks and then life will slow down...or will it?
Have a GREAT, windy day!



4 comments:
Loving the spring/summer weather we have been having too. Isn't it amazing how much better your kids behave when the have fun outside activites to do. Just wanted to let you know we miss you guys like crazy, glad we didn't move farther away. Looking forward to many fun day trips this summer with you and the kiddos. Love ya...tiff
You guys are having WAY too much fun. ; D
We have been to Indian battle park since our oldest was a baby. I think it's time we went again.
P.S. LOVE the sewing projects. So envious of women who can sew! Truly I am! : D
Jodi, you still have to let us in the secret, which pattern did you use for Grace's outfits?
Yep, being a mom is the best job in the world.
Ahhh, so that's how the Japanese stay so teeny, better portion sizing haha!
Amy, I buy my patterns off of www.youcanmakethis. I think this one is the Twirl Dress, but I jut made it shorter for the shirt. They have such CUTE patterns on there!
Post a Comment