Feb 21, 2006

Time Together...

Nothing too exciting going on in the Pilling home these days. Same old...same old. I have been scrapbooking a little more this week, which is good. The pile of summer photos is slowly dwindling down. WOO HOO!

I LOVE this photo of Carson. It totally illustrates his calm, happy personality. He is just happy to sit and chill out. (still need to add the journaling to this LO.)

Another favorite photo of Carson. This was the first time has felt sand. He was totally amazed by it. After that we couldn't keep him on the blanket. I love that I am able to experience all of my children's "firsts," I wouldn't have missed them for the world!


This is one of my favorite photos of Tyson. This picture just scrams mischief to me! While vacationing in MT last summer, we went into a gift shop and he fell in love with this coon skin cap, and play gun. I just had to take a picture of him!
I also got my PC Remodeled contract in the mail, and I am SO happy with how many of my designs they chose. The magazine with "drop" at the end of May, and I can't wait. It has been a LONG work in progress, and it will be great when I finally have an issue in my hands and can see the pay off of all my hard work. Not to mention all the hard work of all those involved in putting the magazine together. THANKS PC girls. You rock!
Yesterday we celebrated "Family Day." Tyler was home and we enjoyed the whole day together as a family. Our little community of Coaldale had so many fun activities planned for. We went to a great pancake breakfast in the morning. It wasn't just your ordinary pancake breakfast, this was a deluxe breakfast. It had pancakes, round sausage, eggs, orange juice, and hot chocolate! In the afternoon they had free public skating complete with warm hot chocolate and yummy honey glazed donuts! Ice skating has become one of our most favorite things to do together. Tyson really caught on yesterday and is improving so much! We will see how he does tonight at lessons. Lessons have been challenging for him, but gradually he is gaining some confidence and is liking it better. I think it is so important that we keep encouraging him, and not let him give up. I can't believe that even at such a young age kids want to quit when something is hard. I see how his little face lights up to positive praise and encouragement. It was great to spend some quality time together, have fun together, and bond.
Update on Carson:
I was speaking to a friend of mine who owns a health food store about Carson and the problems he has been having gaining weight. Finally after him speaking to several people, they came to the conclusion that I should give him fresh squeezed carrot juice, and mix it with his milk. The lady he spoke to said that he will take off and that he will gain weight. So hey, it is worth a try. I bought some today and I was so amazed at well he took it. He actually LOVED it and drank the bottle down SO quick. So I guess we will see how he does on it. I may have to invest in a juicer though, cause to buy the juice all the time is going to get mighty pricey!

2 comments:

Melanie said...

Congrats on your PC projects Jodi. They were great! I was going to ask you about those as I hadnt heard anything. WTG!

I hope the carrot juice works for Carson.

Jenna said...

good to hear about your pc stuff! Exciting!

Love the pages, and I hope the juice helps Carson... good to hear that he loved it!