Feb 14, 2006

Update...

It has been awhile since I have blogged...so here I am. There is lots to catch up on. First and for most is the incredible time we had in Calgary. It was a great mini vacation. I actually decided to go up a night earlier...at the spur of the moment. You have to love those quick decisions. I was throwing everything in the car and hoping that I didn't miss anything. It was nice to travel at night. Carson slept and Tyson watched DVD's, so all was good. We had fun swimming and going on the waterslide in the hotel. I had a little bit of time to go shopping and managed to find some really good deals. Tyson has grown SO much in the last few months and all of his pants were beginning to be floods! So I kinda went crazy buying new clothes for him. I was also able to go visit a good friend of mine and see her apartment for the first time. It was great to see her! She is pregnant and due in April and she looks SO darn cute! He has the pregnancy "glow". Our time together was short but it was fun to catch up and hang out for a bit. Tyson was SO excited to go to the hockey game, and even more excited to ride the city train. This was our first attempt at taking the C-Train. And it was so much fun. Tyson loved going through the tunnels. It really was a speedy way to get around in the city, and sure beats the hassle with parking and paying for parking. The Saddledome was very lively and everyone was wearing red...accept my little 3 year old who was wearing the opponents jersey. It was SO funny to see ALL of these people with Flames shirts on, and then this little kid with a Mighty Ducks shirt. He looked so cute. Here are a few pictures...
I just LOVE this little guy. He is constantly cracking me up. We figured we better buy a Flames flag too. Tyson was using it as a sword during the game. LOL!
I had a Valentine's party on Saturday night with 5 other couples. It was fun accept I was sick! I came down with a cold after standing in the freezing weather waiting for the C-Train. So I paid the price on the days following. I wasn't my usual energetic self. But I hope people still had fun. We had a nice supper, and then played Bunco. For desert we had chocolate fondue. It was TO DIE FOR! I spent the next few days recovering from my cold...in bed! Man it is SO hard to take care of 2 rambunctious kids and be sick. Tyler unfortunately had to work, so I was on my own. I am feeling better now though...thank goodness.
Tyson is SO excited for Valentine's Day. Yesterday we got out the Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtle Valentine's and I helped him write his name on them. Then I organized all the cookies onto plates ready to deliver tonight. He keeps asking me if it is time to go yet...poor little guy is getting impatient. I woke up this morning to find a very nice card from Tyler stuck in the top of a pineapple. LOL! (will post picture later.)
I am sure most of you know what Crocs are...well I finally broke down and bought myself a pair. They aren't Crocs, they are called Holey's. They are so great, and comfy. I of course had to get pink! Everyone MUST get a pair! Even my husband wants some.

1 comments:

Jenna said...

sounds like fun! What a fun little mini trip to Calgary! Sorry to hear you got sick though.

And your shoes are cute! My mom wants a pair. Are they from the store in the bay mall?