Today Tyson had a visit with the speech Therapist, Robin. He needed to be assessed for his pre-school entry. After his pre-school screening back in May (I think) he was considered mild/moderate for speech disability. I had noticed there were consonants that he wasn't pronouncing properly and I was concerned about that. I knew that I should be on top of that and have him assessed.
Over the course of the summer I have noticed MUCH improvement with his speech. I was even beginning to think that he didn't need to be assessed. Although if they have a mild problem then they can get support, and go to pre-school for FREE! Who wouldn't want to save an extra $60 a month? I though it was worth a try.
Today he was assessed and the speech therapist was quite impressed with how he was pronouncing his words. She said he had a few minor problems but I could work with him at home and he should be just fine. He picked up her signals for the "S" (snake sound) very quickly and he would catch himself when he wasn't pronouncing the word properly. So needless to say he won't be going to pre-school for free, but on the upper side he doesn't have any severe or even moderate/mild speech problems. So it is good, we have the money to pay for his pre-school and I can sleep better knowing that with a little extra help from me his speech with be perfect in no time!



0 comments:
Post a Comment