Mar 26, 2008

Skating Carnival 2008...

Tyson & Carson have been involved in Can Skate since January. This is Tyson's 3rd year participating, and Carson's 1st. Needless to say it has been a challenge with Carson. Tyler has been very diligent with taking him for family skate and teaching him the basics before we even enrolled him in CanSkate. I was impressed at how quickly he caught on, and he actually enjoys it, and even asks if we are going. But when it comes to skating lessons he is not a happy camper! I remember going through this exact same thing with Tyson at this age. The only difference being was that Tyson had NO clue how to skate and he spent more time falling down, and with Carson he can actually skate and isn't falling down as much. So why doesn't he enjoy it? Rather than fight with a crying, screaming 3 year old I decided not to push the issue of him skating. If he didn't want to do it then I wasn't going to make him. But Tyler had a different idea. He thought that I shouldn't let him get away with it and to make he just go out there and cry the whole time if that is what he wanted to do. Easy for him to say when he wasn't the one sitting there watching all the other parents look at you like you are the worst parent alive. So that idea only lasted 1 week. Then it was back to mom being a softy. Tyler was able to make it to skating yesterday and Carson actually skated the whole time and he looked like he was having SO much fun. In the beginning when he wasn't co-operating I wasn't to keen on him participating in the Carnival, but after yesterday I have changed my mind. Last week was picture day and the kids both looked SO cute in their costumes!

There are 3 more practises until the big day. So we will see how well Carson does. I hope that he is happy and willing to participate because when he is he looks so cute!

The past few days I have decided that our family needs to start eating healthier! We are thing kings & queen of fast food. The more I think about the more disgusting I feel about it. Not only for my health but for the boys health. So on Saturday I made a grocery list and a list of meal ideas and decided that if I knew what there was I could make for supper than it wouldn't be so hard to do it. After I prepared that meal I would cross it off my list. So far so good! NO FAST FOOD THIS WEEK! Woo Hoo! I even turned down the opportunity to go to McDonald's (my weakness) and decided to save the money and eat at home. I had to give myself a small pat on the back. LOL! Another thing I have found to be helpful is to make my supper meal before lunch. That way all I have to do is pop it in the oven and I don't have the excuse later on in the day that I am to tired to make something. So far...so good. Yesterday I made sticky chicken and today it is meatloaf. YUMMY! I know that we aren't totally never ever going to eat fast food again, that would be very unrealistic. But if I am more conscious about when we eat out and focus more attention on eating healthy meals at home, I think that is a good start. So to end my entry for today I thought I would share my meatloaf recipe.

Yummy Meatloaf

1 lb ground beef

1 lb ground pork ( if you don't like pork or don't have it use 2lb of beef)

1 can tomato soup

1 pkg. onion soup mix

1 box Stove Top Stuffing (any kind works)

2 eggs, beaten

2 tbsp. Worcestershire sauce

1. Combine all ingredients and place in a loaf pan. I usually spray it with Pam because the meat I use is very lean and it is sometimes hard to get the meatloaf out of the pan.

2. Top the meatloaf with ketchup, cover and back at 350 for about 1 hour.

A tip for leftover meatloaf: For lunch the next day cut it in slices and put it between 2 pieces of bread. Then cook it like it was a grilled cheese sandwich. SO YUMMY!

I hope you enjoy the recipe.

1 comments:

Tiffany said...

LOL, love the no eating out clause..... Thanks for having us over for dinner the meatloaf was delicous !!!!