Jul 13, 2008

Catching Up...

WOW so many things have been happening it seems I have lost track of everything I should have blogged about. So this will be a quick update of all the fun we have been having.


First of all was the Coaldale Candy Parade. The kids look forward to this every year. It was fun to have Grandma Jensen, Auntie Kimberley & Jayda join us. Here are some pictures of the kids enjoying the parade and cashing in on all the candy that was thrown out.


After the parade was over we had lunch in our backyard. We had yummy KFC Chicken and lots of good salads. I couldn't believe how much chicken the kids ate. I guess it was a BIG hit.





One fun thing that Coaldale always does on parade day is have a kids fest in the afternoon. We have gone to this for the past couple of years and the kids just love it! This year they had 3 large astro jumps which the kids LOVED! We couldn't keep them off of them. They also had places to play with bubbles, a fish pond, a sand pile, balloon maker, face painting, and a petting zoo. Tyson & Carson loved playing in the Astro jumps so they didn't participate in much else. But we did manage to get Carson to go see the animals at the petting zoo. Here he is getting up close and personal with this calf. It was SO cute!






We are HAPPY to announce that Carson is FINALLY potty trained! YIPEE! He has gone 8 days without any accidents. The incentive all along for him to become potty trained was that after he went 7 days without an accident we would buy him a BIG BOY bike. He has been riding around on this broken down tricycle for far too long and we wanted to upgrade his bike, but he had to be a big BOY first. So on Friday we went to Toys R Us and he got to pick out his bike. He was so happy and kept riding the bike around the store. I just loved seeing him so happy and he knew that he was getting his bike because he was potty trained. It is SO nice not have to have change a 3.5 year olds diapers any longer!








Also this weekend we had 2 family reunions on! It was a busy weekend. On Friday night we went to Cardston (Kimball Park) and had a Jensen reunion. This was all the relatives of my Grandpa Jensen's siblings. There were lots of people there that I didn't know. It was fun to meet family that you didn't know you had, and to reacquaint your self with people whom you haven't seen for a long time. The kids had a fun time playing at that park with their cousins.













On Saturday we headed out to Magrath for a Pilling reunion. This was a low key reunion and it was GREAT! We all just sat around and watched the kids play while the adults visited. Tyler's uncle Al is such a genius! He made a water slide for the kids that they went down and then landed in a big pool. The water from the pool then recycled itself with a pump and went through a tube and then back down the slide. It was awesome! I would have gone down it if I hadn't just had a baby.

LOL! Tyson went down it a few times and he loved it. I wish my pictures of it would have turned out better...oh well I think you will get the idea anyway.





















And last but not least...some new pictures of Grace. I think she looks like a little doll. I am just lvoing this little girl to pieces & her big brother loves her a lost too!


2 comments:

Christal said...

oh my heck jodi she is the most beautiful little girl ever she is a doll!! Looks like you guys are having a great summer love the pics!!! ttys

Tiffany said...

That is such a cutie patootie if I do say so myself. I love her cheeks !!! Looks like the Pilling party was a huge hit. Thanks for keeping this thing updated...we love to see all the fun pics of the kiddos. Love Ya !