Jul 23, 2008

Thankful...

I have been thinking a lot lately about how thankful I am that I get to be a stay at home mom. Sure the days are long, the pay is very minimal, you are under appreciated, and there is always a never ending amount of work to be done. But the pay off is SO worth it. I am so thankful that my kids can sleep in when they have been up to late, that they don't have to be woken up and drug out of the house to some daycare or day home. I am thankful that at a drop of a hat I can pack my kids up and we can go to the park or the pool. I'm thankful that I don't have any deadlines or meeting to attend. No late nights spent working in an office or working on Saturday's. I'm thankful that my kids and I can be lazy and stay in our p.j.'s all day if we want to. I'm thankful that I am home to take my kids to soccer, swimming, and piano lessons.
I am so thankful that I married someone who is a hard worker. Who sacrifices his own sleep to get up at a very early hour so he can go to work so that I don't have to. I know that Tyler goes to work everyday and works hard so that I can be at home with the kids. He knows the importance of having me stay at home to raise the kids instead of having me go out of our home to work and put the kids in daycare. He would sacrifice his own time for leisure things so that I don't have to work. I am very thankful for this.
I have empathy for those mother's who don't have choice whether they work or stay at home. Sometimes there isn't a choice to be made, they just have to do it in order to make ends meat. I cant' imagine having the stress of 2 full time jobs. Your job as a mother, and your career. Not only to you have to work for an employer, but your work is not done when you get home. I feel for these women who miss out on so much because they don't have a choice.
There are days when I think it would be easier to go to work. To leave the screaming and the fighting for someone else to work out. But then I look at my kids and my heart melts. I wouldn't want any other person to here their sweet voices. And I wouldn't want to miss out on hearing their "I love you's." That makes it all worth it!

1 comments:

Amy said...

Well said, I totally agree.