I can't believe that it has been 3 weeks since my last post. Holy cow is time ever going by SO fast. Nothing really exciting has been going on in our house, I guess that is why I haven't been blogging. Just the normal every day kinda stuff. Laundry, meals, cleaning, running kids here & there etc. You get the picture.
Tyler and I did manage to get away for a few days to Kalispell for Black Friday. We had a GREAT time. It was nice to leave the older 2 kids at home with grandma & grandpa and just have some time to ourselves. The drive was great and went by quickly, and the roads were perfect. I have to admit though that this year I was a bit disappointed that there weren't as many "good" deals as in years past. But I still managed to spend money. LOL! We did buy a generator for camping and it will also fun our house in an emergency. So that was a GREAT find...and a really good deal. My sister, mom & I were once again crazy as ever and were up at 3:30 to go shopping. I know...CRAZY!! But it was fun, and Grace was such a good baby. No I didn't take her out at 3:30, she stayed at the hotel for a few more hours with daddy. I can't believe that in 2.5 weeks it will be Christmas! My kids are getting so excited. Their school Christmas concert is next week and they have both been singing their little songs. It is SO cute. I am sad though that our school doesn't have a concert focused on the Saviour. Christ really has been taken out of Christmas in so many ways and it really makes me sad! Each night I read my kids a Christmas story, we have a book that has a different story for each day. I have been trying to really focus and teach them that Christmas isn't really about Santa, but about the birth of Jesus. I think Tyson gets it...I'm happy about that. Next week for FHE we are going to be putting together a hamper for a family in need in our community. We don't know who they are but we are excited just the same to help someone out. Tyson had a million questions about why the family needed our help and who they were and if we were going to meet them and if they were going to come to our house. I think he finally is understanding that there are some people/families out there that don't have as much as we do, and that we can help them have a better holiday by giving to them. SO I am excited for Monday to see how it all pans out. We have been doing this for about 5 years now with another family in our ward. Each year I look forward to it, and this year will be even better cause we are involving the kids. I'll let you all know how it goes. So like I mentioned...nothing to interesting int he Pilling house, but wanted to let you know that I am still here.
Have a GOOD one!



1 comments:
I thought this all sounded "interesting". Being a mom is never not interesting, ha ha. Have a great Christmas holiday!
Post a Comment