I have been in crafty mode lately. Must be this crummy weather that has made me think of a few fun things to do inside. I got this idea from my sister. I love how it turned out! You put a vinyl tablecloth on the back that way sand, dirt ect. won't stick to your blanket. I can't wait to use this new blankie at the lake & camping.

I have also attempted to make a few dresses for Grace (not that she needed any. LOL!) But it was fun to put my sewing skills to the test. There is a GREAT website where I got the patterns from. They were very easy to follow and had great step by step instructions with photos.
Sorry the dresses looked wrinkled...they are. I should have taken the picture before she wore them. Oh well...you get the idea. This is called a Pillow Case dress...VERY easy to make!
This is the 2nd dress I made. It is a criss cross dress and it is SO darn cute...only I made it a little bit to small so it won't fit her very long. At first the middle was too big...so I attempted to cut it down a few inches...and that was too much. AGHHH...oh well this was a practice and I will know better for next time. This dress was very fun to make and didn't take long at all!
I didn't make this dress...but I LOVE it just the same. Got it in Provo for a great deal at Walmart! I love the spring colors. Can you believe that my baby is 10.5 months already? Where has the time gone? Life has been hectic but good as usual. We are all happy to have Tyler home from his week in Edmonton. Carson missed him terribly and wasn't acting himself at home OR at school. He had a few chats with Miss Rita when he was misbehaving. KIDS! He continues to enjoy gymnastics though...but also got into trouble there last week. So yes we are all glad daddy is home. We are all anxiously awaiting Summer to come and visit southern Alberta! Do you think we will ever get some sunny days with NO rain? I sure hope so. The kids are so looking forward to camping and we have the campgrounds booked. YEAH! My latest endeavour has been training for the Ladies Fest 8km race on June 13th. I know 8km really isn't any big feat but it is for someone who is NOT a runner. I have really started to enjoy it...well I think I like the feeling AFTER I have run...so that is motivation for me to keep going. I have lost 6lbs in the past 2.5 weeks so I can't complain about that either. There really is something to eating healthy and exercising...it just makes you FEEL BETTER! Here is a fun website that I found. She has some great things on there...and right now she is doing a give away. Who doesn't like FREE stuff right? Well I think that is all for now...I hope you have a WONDERFUL day!



4 comments:
ADORABLE dresses!!! Good work on the running... power to ya!!
WHOhoo to the running girl, I can't wait till we cross the finish line...together. Cute crafty projects...keep it up.Gracie is so cute in these pictues..what a dolly.
great job on the dresses. they are so cute!
oh, and 8kms is a huge feat. there's no way I could do it.
Thanks for the links to the websites, hadn't heard of either of those before.
Great job on the dresses, I especially love the criss-crossed one! Wanna give me lessons LOL?
And go girl go, I can't believe you ran halfway up the West Side hill!!
Post a Comment