May 9, 2009

I just finished reading THIS book...and could NOT put it down. At times it was hard to read about the unbearable hardship and gruesome tragedy that struck Rwanda in the 1990's. Most of us probably didn't even know what was happening on the other side of the world at that time. A genocide was taking place while we were all busily going to High School and stressing over what clothes were "cool," and which boy was going to ask us to the dance. Those things now seem SO very trivial to me know. After mustering past the graphic nature of this book the message of hope, FAITH, and most of all the Lord's hand in EVERYTHING really made me stop and re-evaluate my life. We have no idea how horrible life really is for some people..and through it all some of them manage to have an optimistic view of life and really lean on their FAITH to get them through. This book just reiterated to me that Heavenly Father really does know each and everyone of us and that he REALLY hears prayers. He LOVES us and has a special purpose for each and everyone of us. I am so happy that I stumbled on to this book...it really has put things into perspective for me. No matter how LARGE or SMALL a problem I may be having my Heavenly Father will hear my pleas and answer my prayers. I really do encourage ALL to read this book...you won't be sorry you did!

2 comments:

Amy said...

Thanks for the suggestion Jodi, I put it on hold at the library and look forward to reading it!

Amy said...

I started reading it last night. Have you seen the movie "Hotel Rwanda?" It's about that time period. It's probably rated 14A for violence, but I remember liking it and feeling inspired to be better.