May 11, 2009

A friend sent me this video...I had a good chuckle.

I have to admit that my mother's day was just like any other day...sadly. Tyler had to go to Edmonton for work and he left shortly after church. So I got to make the Sunday meal & clean it all up and watch him pack and leave me for a week (insert cry here.) He did however take Grace during Priesthood so I could enjoy Relief Society by myself so that was nice. He also gave me his annual HUGE Mother's Day card and had the kids sign it. That was cute. In the card he told me that I deserved a new dishwasher and to go put it on my credit card....YIPEE! Although I haven't really minded washing the dishes...so I might hold off until the $$ is saved before buying a new washer. Even though my day wasn't too special I still took some time to reflect on being a mom and how much I love it. I wouldn't trade being a stay at home mom for anything! Even though there are some hard...ROUGH days...there are SO many more good ones. I am happy that I am here when my kids get home from school, and that they know they can call me at anytime if there is a problem. I love being able to take my kids to all their activities like soccer, piano & gymnastics. I love seeing my little girl learn how to crawl and to say DA DA & MA MA. I wouldn't trade in those moments for any high paying job! While at Women's Conference I heard a quote that has stuck with me, "All of Eve's children were NOT perfect, but she found joy in MOTHERHOOD." Even though our kids make mistakes & frustrate us we still need to find the positive and enjoy being a MOTHER. I hope all of you will have a wonderful day not only on Mother's day...but everyday!

2 comments:

Amy said...

I wish you could have spent your Mother's Day with your hubby, but it sounds like you had an o.k. day anyway.
Yep, being a mom can be trying, but so worth it. I love it too.

Amy said...

Haha, I skipped over the video clip at the beginning of your post until now. Too funny. I think I'll send it to a few mom friends!