Jun 6, 2006

George Strait & Garage Sale...

Last night Tyler and I went to Calgary to see George Strait. Tyler won tickets a few days ago from a local radio station, so we were thrilled to go. The whole night was AWESOME! There were 2 opening acts before George came out to entertain. Miranda Lambert & Tracy Lawrence were great performers. Tyler was happy to see both of them, and much to our surprise we didn't know who the opening acts were going to be until we got there. When George Strait came out on stage the whole Saddledome was electric, and the noise could have blown the roof off the place. He was such a gentlemen, and very gracious. He sang about 20 songs! It was great, some oldies and some new ones. It was a solid 1.5 hours of him singing. Even though we didn't pay for the tickets I'm sure those that did felt it was worth every penny! So now I have seen George Strait in concert and I would recommend it to ANYONE! On a sad note, I heard the Dixie Chicks were coming and I want to go SO bad! But I found out they are coming on a Sunday...so I won't be going :( I'm bummed out about that. Oh well, better to keep the Sabath Day holy.
My sister and her friend are going to have a garage sale on Saturday and I am going to go in it with them. I am looking forward to it, and at the same time DREADING it! It will feel great to get rid of some unused, cluttering up my house items. But going through ALL those items is going to be a DRAG. It is something that just has to be done though, and once it IS done it will feel great. One of my motos is that if you haul all your junk outside for a garage sale, what doesn't sell DOESN'T come back in the house. So after the sale I will pack everything up and take it to a thrift store. Goodbye JUNK! So wish me luck in my challenge to go through my collections of "things." I have also decided to part with a lot of scrapbooking supplies. If I haven't used it by now, why not let someone else have the chance to use it. So we will see how it goes.

0 comments: