My mom spent the weekend with my sister and I. It was fun to spend the weekend together. We went shopping, out to eat (just the girls), and to garage sales. Saturday afternoon my mom came over to my house and we got talking about my living room. I mentioned to her that I needed a little "pick me up." We have lived in our house for 6 years now and I have never changed they way my living room looks. The furniture hasn't been moved, the pictures and accessories have remained the same. I felt in a rut so to speak and just needed to be revived. My mom is a GREAT decorator and has a good eye. So we began rearranging things in my living room. Furniture was placed in a different spot, the fireplace mantel was dejunked, cleaned, and then had a few items place back on it. Shelves were hung, plants were removed, lamps were cleaned and changed around. I am SO happy with how it looks now. I kept telling Tyler that it feels great to switch things up a bit, and that it didn't cost me a penny! That is really the amazing part. I made due with what I had and it still looks like a new room. This little re-arrangement got me to thinking about other things in my life that need a pick me up. It seems that life gets busy, priorities change, and you get out of the habit of doing things that you once did. I can think of several things in my life that I need to put back in place. One of them being FHE, (Family Home Evening). We have set aside Monday nights for FHE. This is a great opportunity for us to spend quality time as a family. We sing Primary songs, and have a short spiritual lesson that the kids can relate too. We usually finish up the night with a game or a story. It is something that Tyson looks forward to, but as of the last few weeks we haven't made a good enough effort to put this night into practice. We need to get back on track! I am a firm believe that life with never be easy, things don't easily fall into place, but through constant effort, patience and perseverance anything can be accomplished. Things that once were a habit can easily become obsolete in our life if we don't make an effort every day to accomplish the task we set out to complete. I myself know that I have had many roller coaster moments where at times I am on the uphill and others on the down hill. But amazingly enough after a downhill slide there is yet another hill to climb. It is important to reevaluate your life regularly. There will always be room for improvement, but it is also important to give ourselves credit for our many accomplishments. My challenge it this: think about things in your life that may need a little "rearranging." Set a goal, and carry it through. :)
Jun 12, 2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



0 comments:
Post a Comment