Last night as I watched the National Spelling Bee, I was captivated by the intelligence of these children. As I began to think about their dedication, studying, and commitment to this event it amazed me that children of this age (10-14 year olds) could have what it takes to endure such a gruleing event. Not to mention the countless hours they spend memorizing words, learning the origins of words, and the pronunciations of words. I was thrilled that a Canadian girl, an ALBERTAN girl made it to the final 13 competitors. I was even more thrilled that she made it down to the last 2 contestants. Although it isn't a face paced sport, I was sitting on the edge of me seat (well bed) watching it to see who would win, to see who would have the dreaded bell ring when they spelled a word wrong, and it was so exciting to see the look of relief when they didn't hear the bell sound. It makes me wonder what lies in store for my 2 little boys. What will they be interested in, what will they strive to achieve? There really are millions of possibilities out there for each and every one of us. With a lot of dedication, commitment, hard work, support and perservirance anything is attainable. Tyson has been asking me a lot lately about the moon, telling me he wants to go there. Who knows, maybe he WILL go to the moon one day. Only time will tell. The sky really is the limit to what we can achieve...or is it?
Jun 2, 2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



0 comments:
Post a Comment