Jul 29, 2006

I Have Been M.I.A. Now I'm BACK!

Sorry I have been MIA for awhile. We have been busy camping and playing outside, and I have to admit that we have been napping and watching WAY to much t.v. It has been SO hot outside that I just can't bare to go out there in the afternoons. So needless to say Tyson has been able to watch more t.v. and play the computer more than usual. Why haven't I been scrapbooking while being inside? I don't even know the answer to that. I guess I haven't been in the scrapping mood lately. Come fall I will hit it full force again. I will have all those fun summer pictures to do lo's for.
We spent last weekend camping at the Oldman. We went with our good friends the Cook's and Douglas's. There were more kids than adults, which can prove to be challenging, especially when the men leave for 6 hours and go fishing, but we had a great time. It was so fun to play cards all day long in between chasing kids all over and making sure they weren't falling into the raging mountain river that was FREEZING cold. All in the all the kids were good and played well together. Thank goodness though for the outdoor toys I brought. They were a lifesaver, even if they did take up the whole inside of the trailer to bring them. As all the adults were sitting in front of the fire, after ALL the kiddos were finally in bed, we decided that camping is great and these are memories we are making, but man is it a lot of work, but so worth it! I took some really cute pictures of the kids playing in the river stripped down to their underwear. I will share them later as I left the camera in the trailer.
The only downer that we encountered was that the fridge in our trailer went on the fritz. Before it was freezing everything and now it isn't even getting cold. What a PAIN! We managed though to put our perishables in other fridges and we made out okay. Now the 1978 trailer is in the shop getting fixed for our next camping expedition. I guess that is what you get with a 26 year old trailer.
My sisters, mom and I went to Phantom of the Opera on Thursday night. WOW is all I can say. It totally exceeded all of my expectations. The music was so beautiful, the sets amazing, and the acting perfect. It was totally worth all the $$ I spent to be able to go. I had my niece Brooklyn come and watch the kids for me while I went to Calgary. I know it was a very long day for her, but the kids loved having her watch them and she did an awesome job. She was able to stay for a few extra days and I spoiled her while she was here. It was SO fun to have a girl around. I did her hair and makeup and I just loved being girlie with her. Plus I enjoyed her company SO much as Tyler has been working ALL week long in Saskatchewan.
On Monday we are getting an exchange student from Japan. She will be here for 9 days. I think it will be a fun experience. I am looking forward to it. I am hoping to take lots of pictures so that I can make a mini book for her after she leaves. I hope she enjoys her stay while in Canada. I really hope my kids behave and don't drive her totally crazy.

0 comments: