I am feeling VERY alone these days. Tyler has been working in Swift Current ALL week long. I miss him terribly and I am coming to my wits end. He is putting in very long hours working 2 jobs. The promotion he got as Area Supervisor hasn't turned out like I had planned. One of the oil rig operators in Swift broke his collar bone a few weeks ago and will be on disability for several months. So needless to say Tyler has to cover his area working on the rig. So he is doing double duty. He is tired and wants to be home with us, and we want him here with us! It must be draining and tiring for him just like it is for me I am sure. Taking care of the kids and the whole house by myself is getting me down. I am beginning to feel overwhelmed with all of it. Tomorrow is garbage day so that is yet one more thing on my list I have to do. My flower pots have been neglected and have been suffering for this heat. I have to admit that the dog has gone without food for a day or two as well. So many thing on my plate, I just can't seem to get everything done. I find myself looking forward to the kids bedtime. A time when I can finally unwind and have some peace and quiet. I can't count how many times in a day that I hear the word "Mom, I need..." Somedays those words are music to my ears, and others they aren't. Am I a terrible mother for thinking that? Am I terrible to countdown the hours, minutes, seconds until my children fall asleep? I guess I am just feeling very heavy laden with all the responsibility of being a "single" parent for awhile. I know that this will pass, but when is the question? While Tyler has been gone it really has made me realize just how much he does for me and the boys. From taking Tyson downtown with him to do an errand, to taking out the garbage faithfully every Monday when he is home, that is such a help. I miss those few extra minutes of sleep in the morning when Tyler gets up with Carson to give him a bottle. Little things like that really make a difference to me, and in those simple acts it really shows me how much I am loved by him. I sure don't take for granted all that he does for me. I hope that I can better show him my appreciation for all that he does. He is the hardest worker I know, and the most dedicated person to his faith and family. I love him, and count my many blessings everyday for God bringing him into my life when I needed him! My heart goes out to all those women who have no choice but to be a single mother. How they do it everyday is beyond all my comprehension. To have to go to work to support their family, and then come home and have all the household responsibilities in my mind is more than one person can muster by themselves. But so many women do this, and are succeeding in raising wonderful families. They are courageous and strong, when I am sure they have many "alone" times. I am thankful and very fortunate that my "alone" times are short and far between.
Jul 30, 2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



1 comments:
I am so sorry that you have been feeling so alone lately. I have felt similar when Chas is out of town. Although he doesn't do a TON with the kiddies, just having him there to "relieve" a little bit makes a HUGE difference. Times like those, I have no idea how single mothers do it without ANY down time. I wish I was there to help ya!!!! I would take your kiddies and bring you food...but most of all, I would give you a big SQUEEZE to let you know that you're NOT alone!!!
Post a Comment