I feel like I haven't been home in a LONG time. We just got back from almost a week of holidays. It was so fun to finally go camping. Tyson has been waiting and waiting to go, and finally we did. Every year we plan a family camping holiday with my family. Each year we have gone somewhere different. Most years it has rained, which put a real damper on things. But this year I am happy to report that we had NO rain! The weather was beautiful! We enjoyed quading and taking in the glorious mountains that surrounded us. Here are a few pictures:
My sister caught this HUGE frog. The kids loved holding
it, and Tyson was sad that we didn't bring anything with us to take the frog home in.
A little side note, the tiny garden frog that Tyson caught at his Grandpa Pilling's house awhile ago..sadly died yesterday. :(
My sister caught this HUGE frog. The kids loved holding
it, and Tyson was sad that we didn't bring anything with us to take the frog home in.A little side note, the tiny garden frog that Tyson caught at his Grandpa Pilling's house awhile ago..sadly died yesterday. :(
Both of my boys had so much fun being outside able to roam where every they wanted, as long as we could still see them. I believe that letting them explore increases their independence and self confidence to do things on their own. Often times I see these mothers whom I call "hover mothers." They don't let their kids venture off on their own to explore. They are always within reaching distance. I have to wonder if they are doing their children a service or if later on it will be something that will turn out to be detrimental to their character. There is a fine line between hovering
and being to lenient. I like to think that I am somewhere in between.
and being to lenient. I like to think that I am somewhere in between.


0 comments:
Post a Comment