On Sunday Tyson had to dress up like a Shepherd for a sharing time in Primary. We practiced all week the 2 lines he needed to learn. They were: "C" is for the Christ Child, and "S" is for the stable where baby Jesus was born. All I can say is THANK GOODNESS for grandmas because I knew that my grandma Heninger had costumes for all the characters in the nativity. I remember as a child having the opportunity to play each part, Mary, a donkey, shepherds, and a wise man. I remember that very vividly putting on the costumes and acting out that most sacred event. Now it was time for Tyson to take part in the nativity. Grandma had the perfect shepherd costume, and Tyson loved getting dressed up and he was proud to say that he was a shepherd. What can I say...I think he make a very CUTE shepherd!I can hardly believe that it is Christmas time again. I was having
deja-vu today as I put up the Christmas tree. It really doesn't seem like a year has gone by...but it has. So much has happened, we have been so blessed, and we have grown so much. It has been a GREAT year. I love trimming the Christmas tree! It has kind of become a family tradition to put it up on the 1st Monday of December for FHE. We get the fireplace going and the Christmas music playing and Tyler starts hauling all the Christmas boxes out from under the stairs. It is a
daunting task but he is happy to do it, which I am glad because I really wouldn't have to crawl under there! Tyson was a BIG help but "fluffing" out all the branches on our artificial tree. Tyson had fun this year but putting all the "bells" on the tree. Bells is his word for balls. LOL. It was funny because all the balls were at his
level and the top 2/3 of the tree was bare. So when he wasn't looking I moved a few of the balls around to make them better dispersed throughout the tree. Finally after about an hour of fussing the tree was complete and beautiful as ever. I love the glow of the lights and the feeling that the "tree" brings into the house. Tyler did say something kind of funny to me today about the tree, he said " You know it is kind of funny that we bring an outside tree inside, put lights on it, and decorate it." And you know, he is kind of right. Where did the idea of decorating Christmas trees even come from? I am sure thought that it has been done for many, many years. And you know with each year I look forward to it. Tonight after FHE and prayers Tyson asked if he could go lay under the tree for 10 minutes before bed. I wanted to tell him that it was WAY past his bed time, by then it was 8:45, but I let him. I put the timer on for 10 minutes and told him that when it went off it was time for bed. So off he went and got his favorite blanket and went and just layed under the tree. It was the CUTEST thing ever. And sure enough when the timer went off he came right up to bed...and he was sleepy!


0 comments:
Post a Comment