Jan 6, 2007

A Few Changes...

AGHHHH! I have no idea why my blog looks so funny. Everything looks good when I preview it, but on the actual site it is all screwy! Oh well, I don't want to fiddle with my template just yet. Maybe it is a problem with blogger and it will get fixed on its own. I have my fingers crossed :) As you can see I totally changed my blog around. I kind of like the clean-ness of it all. We'll see how long it lasts though. LOL!
This week seems to have gone by VERY slow! I can't wait for next week when Tyson will be back in school. I know it is only 2 half days, but man does that ever make a difference. Time for him to get back to his regular schedule, and discipline. Tyler and I have decided that we need to make a schedule for the amount of time that he watches t.v. He watches WAY TO MUCH! It is just SO easy for me to say "go watch t.v." so that I can get some things done, or if I want to have a rest. But I am beginning to see the error of my ways. He is picking up on to many things, and he is getting way to involved in every t.v. show he watches. He knows all the songs, and characters to most of the children's shows. NOT GOOD! So we have decided to start with limiting him to 2 hours a day. Now that may sound like a lot, but it really is a BIG cut back. So we will see how it goes. I am going to let him choose exactly when he wants to watch t.v. If he wants to watch a movie that is going to take a big chunk out of his two hours, but that will be his choice. Monday is the day we are going to start. I thought I would just do it for the 5 weekdays and see how it goes for the month. Not only will it be a change for Tyson, it is going to be a change for me too!
Also on Monday I am going to start a new routine for myself. I need to wake up earlier instead of sleeping in until the kids get up. I figure I could use that hour between 7 & 8 to do quite a few things. Exercise is one of the things I would like to start doing. I heard on a talk show awhile ago that if you walked for 30 minutes 3 days a week for 3 months you could add 3 years to your life. Now that sounds good to me! I can also use that hour to read the scriptures and just meditate. So 7 a.m. on Monday I will be up and walking on my treadmill. But first I will have to dust it off. LOL!

0 comments: