On Friday night we had a "girls night out," with my mom, Tiffany, me and my sisters friend. We went out for supper to East Side Mario's (LOVE that place) and then off to a movie. For any of you who haven't seen "The Pursuit of Happiness," it is a MUST see! The determination of some people just blows me away. The things that people go through in order to gain a better life amazes me. My heart ached for "Chris" as he struggled to provide for his family. Ultimately his wife couldn't take it anymore and left him. But he would NOT give up. He wanted a better life for himself and his son, and in the end that is exactly what he got. It was a happy emotional end, and such a great movie about how the human race really can over come any obstacle, it just depends on how bad you want something! As I watched the movie I was thinking about how BLESSED I am! I have strong, beautiful children, who really want for nothing. They never have to worry about their next meal. They always know that they will go to bed with a full tummy. They never have to worry about clothes on their back...in fact some clothes they never get a chance to wear because they have out grown it. They have WAY to many clothes, my weakness I guess. They never have to worry about where they are going to sleep at night. The have the assureity that there will be a warm, safe bed to sleep in. In a home where there is love and protection. They never have to worry about going to a daycare where people don't "care" for them. They have a mother who chooses to stay home and make sure they get the very best of everything. I am grateful, in every way that my children don't have to suffer. They have what they need, and more. I have a husband who loves me and is a very hard worker and an excellent provider for his family. I live in a country where there is peace and harmony where I can choose and act for myself. Still in my mind I am constantly in the pursuit of happiness. I want to be happy with who I am, and the way I live my life. I want to better myself in so many ways, for I am not yet perfect nor with I ever be. I think that in life we need to constantly be trying to be a little better, more kind to those we love. We need to reach out to our community and help where we can. There is so much MORE I could be doing. More time I could give. So I have decided that I AM going to do MORE. I have a little project in my mind that I would like to start doing. And if everything turns out I will be able to do a little good in the community. Although I am a busy mother I know that others could benefit from what I could give them. Even if it is just a listening ear, or a shoulder to cry on. That could be my service, my gift back, for all that I have been given. So in the coming weeks I am going to have this in the for front of my mind as I go about my day. I will be looking for ways I can serve others, and maybe make a difference in someones life. We all have a lot we can give. We just have to make the commitment to do something!
Jan 21, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



0 comments:
Post a Comment