Tonight we had Blast ball with Tyson. So far he hasn't really enjoyed it. He keeps saying that it is boring, and way to long. I kind of have to agree with him on how long it is. 90 minutes is VERY long for a 4 year old to do any structured activity and still have attention by the end. But tonight was different, he actually had a BLAST! I helped play catch with him, and the kid can throw pretty good. It is fun to see him progress and try his best. Tonight though we did have to have a little chat on how to be a good sport. He was getting frustrated cause the other kids would beat him to the ball when the other team was up to bat. So we had to chat about how we need to just have fun and not worry about always being first. Also I heard him say that one child wasn't very good, so yet again we had to have a chat about always speaking kindly about others and to be positive. I have always tried to say positive things when Tyson is involved in an extra curricular activity. I focus on what he is doing well and not on what he isn't. I think that helps boost their self esteem and makes them think positively them self. But even though he may never be a Babe Ruth, these activities help him learn how to treat others and most important how to work as a team and have good sportsmanship. Over all I think he is having a fun time. His friends from school and church are there as well and that helps.
May 17, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



0 comments:
Post a Comment