Lots has been happening around the Pilling home the past week. Last Wednesday (May 1st) we had a Parent Pre-School Field Trip. We didn't actually go anywhere but someone came to us! Petland (a local pet shop) came to the family hub and brought a variety of animals to show the kids. They LOVED it! Both Tyson and Carson were fascinated with all the different animals. I was amazed at how unafraid both the kids were. Carson was a little apprehensive when it was his turn to touch the hedgehog. I think he was expecting it to
be soft and cuddly, but when he touched it he realized that it was prickly. It was cute to see his reaction. Tyson is fearless when it came to the animals. It wasn't even one bit scared to touch the milk snake. YUCK is all I had to say! Here is a picture of Carson with a gerbil. And here is a picture of Tyson with the milk snake. Overall the kids had a GREAT time!Another exciting thing this week is that we bought a new camping trailer. We really weren't planning on it, but we couldn't pass up this great deal. The new trailer (Shirley, Tyler always has to name our vehicles, LOL) is a bit smaller than Aleda (the old trailer) but it is in better shape and has WAY more storage. The kids even have their own bedroom at the back with 3 bunk beds. They are both SO excited, and mom and dad are getting excited too. We love camping, it has become our family tradition in the summer. Instead of taking fancy trips every few years we have decided to take the boys camping to some of our favorite spots. It is wonderful the memories we have made and we look forward to making more this year. We have 2 weeks booked in August and we are counting down the days till we can pack up the trailer and hit the highway in search of our next destination. I think this year though we are going to try somewhere new. We are probably going to go to Idaho to Silverwood Theme park. They have a huge amusement park and water park, so we think the kids will enjoy that. We feel very blessed to be able to have a new trailer, one that is in better shape and will last us for many years.
The weather here has been SO nice the past few days. The kids have spend many hours outside playing in the sandbox. We have also enjoyed riding bikes and playing at the park. I finally feel like Spring is here and that Summer is just around the corner. I sure hope we don't get any of those freak snow storms in the middle of May! This is what it looked like a last week though. Carson and I braved the downpour to walk to the school to pick Tyson up. Needless to say we were soaked when we got home. But there doesn't look like rain is in the forcast for the next few days so that is good :) Last night Tyson and I went on his Mystery Bus Field Trip. We took a tour of Coaldale on a school bus. We stopped and saw the Fire Station, Bakery, Library and the Birds of Prey Center. The kids were able to get out at the Birds of Prey and look around at the Canada Geese. We tried to look for some nests but we only saw one that may have been used last year by some geese. We did see an abandoned egg floating in the water. And the kids also got to see an Otter swimming in the lake. They were very excited to see that. Tyson was happy that he was able to sit by his friend Karlin on the bus, and they had fun walking around together. I can't believe how Tyson is growing. Before we know it he will be in Kindergarten! Wow how time flies. He truly is a momma's boy though, and I love that!
The weather here has been SO nice the past few days. The kids have spend many hours outside playing in the sandbox. We have also enjoyed riding bikes and playing at the park. I finally feel like Spring is here and that Summer is just around the corner. I sure hope we don't get any of those freak snow storms in the middle of May! This is what it looked like a last week though. Carson and I braved the downpour to walk to the school to pick Tyson up. Needless to say we were soaked when we got home. But there doesn't look like rain is in the forcast for the next few days so that is good :) Last night Tyson and I went on his Mystery Bus Field Trip. We took a tour of Coaldale on a school bus. We stopped and saw the Fire Station, Bakery, Library and the Birds of Prey Center. The kids were able to get out at the Birds of Prey and look around at the Canada Geese. We tried to look for some nests but we only saw one that may have been used last year by some geese. We did see an abandoned egg floating in the water. And the kids also got to see an Otter swimming in the lake. They were very excited to see that. Tyson was happy that he was able to sit by his friend Karlin on the bus, and they had fun walking around together. I can't believe how Tyson is growing. Before we know it he will be in Kindergarten! Wow how time flies. He truly is a momma's boy though, and I love that!


0 comments:
Post a Comment