While reading one of my FAVORITE blogs this morning I was directed to watch this short video. As the tears rolled down my cheeks I thought of all the many ways in which I have been served by others. Then I thought of all the way I have thought about serving but never put my thoughts into action. I feel the guilt for not doing more. Does it really take that much more effort to serve someone? I really don't think it does! When I think about service I always think about serving those who don't life with me. But why can't the service start in my home with those that I am with all the time. Would it really be that hard for me to take some extra time out of my day to play Transformers with my 4.5 year old? Would it be that hard for me to play cars or read a story to my 2.5 year old. Why does the laundry and cleaning seem to come first? Is it really that important to have a spit spot house? The more and more I think about it the more I think that it really doesn't matter. The time we have on earth is quite short when you think about eternity. Our children are only going to want us to read to them for so long. Pretty soon I won't be the apple of my son's eye, and he won't want to cuddle up with me and read a story. I think too that it is important for us to instill a love of service in our children at a young age. Often when they get older serving others is the last thing on their list. But if we are good examples to them, and help them to serve others I think that they will develop a love for it and then they will look for ways in which they can serve. So today I am challenging myself to devote more time to serving my family. I can think of countless acts of service that Tyler shows to me, but do I reciprocate that same efforts to him. I am sad to say that I don't, but that I am going to make a very conscious effort to do so. I challenge all who read this blog, there may not be many, but to look and watch the video on service and then put it into action. Have a VERY happy day!
May 22, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



4 comments:
What a tear jerker movie clip,I too believe we have the power to do so much more but make a conscience effort to turn the other cheek at times. I too want to serve others better. Thanks for the challenge !!!
Jodi.......havent heard from you in awhile. Hope everything is ok! I miss catching up with you guys on here :) Take care.
M
haha just saw you left me a comment! Glad you are ok :) TTYS!
Jodi, I read your blog on service. I wish I could see the video. I have a thought for the day.....Nothing is going to happen to you today that you and the Lord can't handle together. Love Mom
Post a Comment