Sep 7, 2006

1st Day Of Pre-School!

My baby is no longer a baby, he is a Pre-Schooler! Today was Tyson's very 1st day of Pre-school. He was SO excited, and couldn't wait to put on his Spiderman backpack and walk to school. He did ask me if he could ride a school bus. I had to tell him that he didn't need to ride a school bus because he lives across the street from the school. Only kids who live a long way away need to ride the bus. After that he was happy to walk with Carson and I. I could see the excitement in everything he did on the way to school. From how fast he was walking, to the skip in his step, the loudness of his voice, and the anticipation that I was hearing. He was EXCITED! It gives me such joy to see my children this happy. I took a few pictures of him in front of the school. He told me he didn't like pictures, and I said, "We have to get some pictures because you will never have a VERY 1st day of school again, this day is very special." After that he agreed. When we got to the school he RAN to his class. He went right in with no hesitation. Then he remembered the book order and wanted to give that to Miss Rita. He then sat down at a table and began doing a puzzle. He wasn't scared or hesitant AT ALL! That's my boy. I reminded him about using his manners and his inside voice, and to raise his hand when he wanted to speak. He kept telling me, "I know mom." So after a quick kiss I left. I knew he was in safe hands and that he felt comfortable.
When I picked him up 3 hours later he was so excited he could hardly speak to me. He told me the "rules" of his class, that they were to leave their name tags there when they went home, and that if they had to go to the bathroom, and adult had to go with them. He was happy about the day, and can't wait to go back next week. This is sure a mile stone in his life, and in mine also. It is an exciting time for our family!

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

Way to go Tyson! Hope he always enjoys it so much. It is a long way to grade 12!
Jenny