Sep 20, 2006

A Tear Jerker!

I came across this book recommendation on another blog. I am always drawn to what other people are reading, and I love to find a good book to curl up with. I am also always on the prowl for good kids books. Both of my boys love to read. I have read to them since I brought them home from the hospital and they have a love for books as I do. After picking up this book, Let Me Hold You Longer, from the library today, I took a few moment to quickly read it while I was getting supper ready. Wow is all I can say. It really made me stop and think about life and how quickly it passes by. We usually only think of our child's "firsts." First tooth, first steps, first day of school, first day on a sports team etc. But do you ever stop and think about your child's "lasts?" The last time you nurse them, the last time you hold them while they drink their bottle, the last time you curl up with them for there afternoon nap, the last time to comb their hair etc. This book really made me reflect on the life of my children and how I really need to cherish each moment. Even though life gets buys and we don't take to to stop and slow down, we really need to...I need to! Before I know it my boys will be in school full time, then off to middle school, then high school. They will be driving and going on dates, and applying for colleges. Then there will come the day they turn from teenagers into men and leave the home they grew up in. I hope that when they leave, that they will always return. In the meantime I hope and pray I can cherish the time we have together. Share the good times and bad, the laughs and the tears. If you haven't read this book...YOU MUST! I am going to pick it up for myself as soon as I can.
Today I attempted to work on my sister's wedding album. Man am I out of the scrapbook loop or what! I took me an hour to complete the simplest page I have ever done. I think I am out of practice...or maybe I need more supplies to work with. Who knows..I think my scrapping mojo is totally lost. I need some inspiration and some solutions that will help me get this album done quick. The wedding is in less than 4 weeks and there is still SO much to do. So if any of you have some scrappin fairy dust, sprinkle some and me! LOL!

2 comments:

TGS said...

Wow! I really enjoy reading your blog. I stumbled upon it while doing my own blogging here in the U.S.

Keep up the good work, as I really enjoy reading your stories!

Anonymous said...

Awe, Jodi seems like it is a sweet book...one to keep in mind for Christmas!!

You asked about glitter...I like to use MM new glitter or Lil Davis glitter!! The project with the flowers has Lil Davis!!! Thanks so much for your comment tooo!!