Jan 20, 2010

Good Books...

Tonight Tyson & I finished reading this book:
We haven't ever finished reading a Ready Freddy book before, always seemed to start and not finish because Magic Tree House would take over our reading time. But tonight as we finished the last chapter I was so happy with the message behind the book. I took the time to explain to the kids how important it is for us to be good sports, to encourage our team mates and to NEVER give up! I am excited to read the other Ready Freddy books we have on our book shelf.

Isn't it great when you can read a book and learn about a great life lesson? I love that, especially in kids books. I love to read and I am so happy that Tyson does too. He is fascinated with all the Magic Tree House book & I can't believe how much he is learning form them. I surely didn't know about the Civil & Revolutionary war when I was 7! Nor did I know about the Volcano that erupted and buried the city of Pompeii. If you haven't read your kids these books....DO IT! You and them will learn so much!

I am on book number 4 of the Harry Potter series and I am almost done. I can't wait to be done! I must admit that I didn't think I would EVER read those book, I'm not to into magic and wizards, but I have been pleasantly surprised and have really enjoyed them. So happy reading everyone! Oh I know there are you "lurkers" out there that occasion my blog...so why not post a comment and tell me your favorite book or a book you are currently reading. I could always use a GOOD book suggestion. I have no clue what I am going to read after I am through with Harry Potter...so give me a few ideas...PLEASE!

1 comments:

Andy said...

i also love good books... and i also was pleasantly surprised with the Harry Potter books.

have you read the children of the promise and hearts of the children series? they are excellent and there are alot of them.

i also love jodi picoult.